Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I give LoD a chance

Old 12-18-2007, 05:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you win.

you are right.

i should have FLOODED LoD's in-box with e-mails and should have kept calling every single day, for months if need be, until i got them to respond.

it is all my fault.

but, since you mentioned amazon and a camera....coincidentally....the very same thing you happen to mention did happen to me....i bought a cheap, old model camera, through an amazon retailer, to take hunting and out on trails. when i received it, it didn't work. i notified them through a single e-mail, which they replied to, telling me that they didn't have another one. they told me to just keep it and refunded my money.

i'm done with this thread.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

1) i have never heard anyone complain about the front bumper.

2) pay attention here, since you still don't know what the problem with their rear bumpers was...YOU HAVE A BODY LIFT, SO THE PROBLEM WITH THE REAR BUMPER NEVER WOULD HAVE AFFECTED YOU SINCE YOUR BODY WAS LIFTED AWAY FROM THE BUMPER ANYWAY.

3) i would assume that since you shipped it back, then you were able to contact the company - something i wasn't able to do, despite trying. it's a bit hard to get a company to come pick up my bumper when i couldn't contact them.

Rebutle...

1.)Your wrong about the front bumper... the original bumper was not able to fit the powerplant winch.

2.)The other problem with the rear bumper originally had two holes for mounting... the new version has three. Im sure there were different types of problems. You should pay attention... my bumper's were installed before the body lift...dick! And I didn't have any problems installing them. Like you would F-ing know. You know what happens when you assume!

3.)If you couldn't contact them then you didn't try hard enough. If you want something bad you don't just give up. Sounds like you did. It was the easy way out for you. Now all you can do to make your self feel better is bitch about it. I had no problems contacting them. Seems like your the only one.

What's your address... I will send you a box of tampons for you vagine!!!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
you win.

you are right.

i should have FLOODED LoD's in-box with e-mails and should have kept calling every single day, for months if need be, until i got them to respond.

it is all my fault.

but, since you mentioned amazon and a camera....coincidentally....the very same thing you happen to mention did happen to me....i bought a cheap, old model camera, through an amazon retailer, to take hunting and out on trails. when i received it, it didn't work. i notified them through a single e-mail, which they replied to, telling me that they didn't have another one. they told me to just keep it and refunded my money.

i'm done with this thread.
WOW!!! finally your making sense. it is your fault. glad you came around. we need more vagina's like you on the forum... you make it interesting. thanks for being a giant boob!
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Junkie

Stumpman,

Did you have the body lift on at the East Coast Rausch creek run?
Old 12-18-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Question

Slightly off topic, but I read here that the front bumper does not completely cover or protect the factory e-disco. Is this correct?

I really like the LoD front bumper and I am looking forward to ordering one; however this is an important piece of the protection as well.

Thanks
Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RocksHurt
Slightly off topic, but I read here that the front bumper does not completely cover or protect the factory e-disco. Is this correct?

I really like the LoD front bumper and I am looking forward to ordering one; however this is an important piece of the protection as well.

Thanks
I wonder if it does a better job than the stock bumper setup??
Old 12-18-2007, 06:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I started this thread and will probably still buy the Lod's. That being said, The burden should NOT have been on the customer. I am in business myself and have been for eleven years. When I get a complaint, I stop everything I am doing(including new paying customers) to resolve the complaint. Ninety nine percent of the time it is unfounded, but I will call ten times a day if I have to in order to resolve the matter. Most times, I am more worried about it than the customer is.

Bottom line is............ If they(LoD) had followed up with McNaught, he would probably be singing their praises in this thread. Instead they created a very dissatisfied customer. The First rule of business is that a satisfied customer will tell his friend,and an unsatisfied customer will tell ten of his friends.

I am going to go ahead with my purchase for several reasons. One is that they are a great value and I love the way they look. Second, based on McNaught's experience, I will know what to look for when installing the rear and will promptly TRY to send it back. Third, Wayolife has publicly assured the members of this forum that he will personally follow up with LoD and they will make it right, or, they won't be a sponsor anymore.

Cut McNaught some slack
Old 12-18-2007, 07:05 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
you are right.

it is all my fault.
1st, by your own account, you did get them to respond. 2nd, just because you weren't willing to send by your existing bumper does not mean they weren't willing to give you what you originally wanted. Please note, I have not defended LoD customer service nor will I attempt to. If in fact everything you have been saying is true, I'm pretty sure that I would have been pretty pissed off too. However, I would have kept working at it till I got what I wanted or gotten my money back. But hey, that's just me. For whatever it's worth, I will be talking to LoD about your experience and try to find out what happened and to let them know they need to get their act together if any of its true.

LOL!! Go figure. I only used that example because something similar happend to me but had a different outcome. But, I guess that's a moot point now.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by RocksHurt

Thanks

I would not say " it COMPLETELY covers and protects your factory e-disco; " but it is gonna do just as well as MOST aftermarket bumpers and 1000 times better than the factory piece of plastic that hangs down there now..

Old 12-19-2007, 09:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes I did... its not very noticable.

I have had everything on my Jeep that you see now on my Jeep since March 2007. The bumpers went on the first week in Feb 2007 and the body lift went on the last week in Feb 2007.

Originally Posted by bly109
Stumpman,

Did you have the body lift on at the East Coast Rausch creek run?

Quick Reply: Should I give LoD a chance