Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I give LoD a chance

Old 12-18-2007, 10:10 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wayoflife
But in my opinion, it does. You chose to keep the bumper and make it work when you could have demanded it to be fixed or returned for a full refund. Are you suggesting that LoD made you keep it?

if they won't return my e-mails or phone calls, how can i demand that they give me a new one or a refund?

it doesn't matter now. it's on my jeep for now. it won't be come next summer.

we aren't getting anywhere. i'll just have to agree to disagree.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
if they won't return my e-mails or phone calls, how can i demand that they give me a new one or a refund?

it doesn't matter now. it's on my jeep for now. it won't be come next summer.

we aren't getting anywhere. i'll just have to agree to disagree.

I agree. I will keep my opions to myself. Northridge will be gettin all of my money from now on. I've had nothing but good service, even when the manufacturer messed up. Dave should give a seminar on good customer service.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by billycj7
I agree. I will keep my opions to myself. Northridge will be gettin all of my money from now on. I've had nothing but good service, even when the manufacturer messed up. Dave should give a seminar on good customer service.
Sorry - I couldn't resist...

Another installment of Super Dave!

Old 12-18-2007, 01:27 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Did you or did you not attempt to get a refund? A simple yes or no will suffice. If you did and they didn't come through for you, I guarantee you that they wouldn't be a sponsor here today - friend or not.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:31 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by billycj7
Well I'm glad to hear it. Just for the record, David is a very good friend of mine so you had better be carefull.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Yes

Ive just read this entire thread. I have to agree with Wayoflife on this one!!! I have an LoD front bumper and rear bumper/tire carrier. As a matter of fact I have one on the first ones sent out by LoD (Feb 2007). Thats eleven months ive had them bolted on my Jeep. I have had no problems what so ever since installed. I did have problems getting them shipped due to a snow storm and LoDs packing foam machine breaking. I had to send back my front bumper due to a change in design. I wanted the bumper so I delt with the inconvienences. I had a choice. And I CHOSE to keep them and work through the problems. People need to understand that every Jeep and every bumper are different reguardless if they are the same model. You may have to do some grinding or ajustments to get it to fit properly... nothing will ever be excactly perfect to bolt on. Its all part of it. If you don't like this forum get the F out. Believe me you won't find a better one. Reguardless of your gripes you always have a choice whether to keep it or send it back. Yell loud enough and someone will hear you. But there is no need to be slanderous. Most of us are grown men on this forum... act like it. LoD is a small company trying to make it in a big business corprate world. No one cares about the little man anymore. They (LoD) don't work any less harder than the rest of you. Keep in mind there is a great demand for these products and mistakes will happen... its your CHOICE to work through them or NOT. I understand freedom of speech but slander will not be tollerated!!!

On a good note I want to thank LoD for all its hard work and making a great product. I would recommend both bumper's which are both at a very reasonable price unlike some of the big name company's. I abuse my bumpers and they have passed every test. Thanks you Wayoflife for a great forum!!!
Im out!
Old 12-18-2007, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default My LoD bumper!!!

Old 12-18-2007, 03:30 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by stumpman79
Ive just read this entire thread. I have to agree with Wayoflife on this one!!! I have an LoD front bumper and rear bumper/tire carrier. As a matter of fact I have one on the first ones sent out by LoD (Feb 2007). Thats eleven months ive had them bolted on my Jeep. I have had no problems what so ever since installed. I did have problems getting them shipped due to a snow storm and LoDs packing foam machine breaking. I had to send back my front bumper due to a change in design. I wanted the bumper so I delt with the inconvienences. I had a choice. And I CHOSE to keep them and work through the problems. People need to understand that every Jeep and every bumper are different reguardless if they are the same model. You may have to do some grinding or ajustments to get it to fit properly... nothing will ever be excactly perfect to bolt on. Its all part of it. If you don't like this forum get the F out. Believe me you won't find a better one. Reguardless of your gripes you always have a choice whether to keep it or send it back. Yell loud enough and someone will hear you. But there is no need to be slanderous. Most of us are grown men on this forum... act like it. LoD is a small company trying to make it in a big business corprate world. No one cares about the little man anymore. They (LoD) don't work any less harder than the rest of you. Keep in mind there is a great demand for these products and mistakes will happen... its your CHOICE to work through them or NOT. I understand freedom of speech but slander will not be tollerated!!!

On a good note I want to thank LoD for all its hard work and making a great product. I would recommend both bumper's which are both at a very reasonable price unlike some of the big name company's. I abuse my bumpers and they have passed every test. Thanks you Wayoflife for a great forum!!!
Im out!

1) i have never heard anyone complain about the front bumper.

2) pay attention here, since you still don't know what the problem with their rear bumpers was...YOU HAVE A BODY LIFT, SO THE PROBLEM WITH THE REAR BUMPER NEVER WOULD HAVE AFFECTED YOU SINCE YOUR BODY WAS LIFTED AWAY FROM THE BUMPER ANYWAY.

3) i would assume that since you shipped it back, then you were able to contact the company - something i wasn't able to do, despite trying. it's a bit hard to get a company to come pick up my bumper when i couldn't contact them.

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Did you or did you not attempt to get a refund? A simple yes or no will suffice. If you did and they didn't come through for you, I guarantee you that they wouldn't be a sponsor here today - friend or not.
i have attempted to contact them numerous times with no success. i never wanted a refund. i just wanted a bumper that fit without damaging my body. if they had sent me a new one, without making me send the old one back first, i would have shit all over myself with happiness....and would have recommended their bumpers to anyone thinking about them....just like i do with shrockworks stuff and northridge4x4.

Last edited by mcnaught6; 12-18-2007 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:32 PM
JK Jedi Master

I too got one of the first front production bumpers. Had to send the first one back due to a design flaw, but I have been more than happy with the second one they sent me. I will say that DHL has caused most of my troubles, because LoD tried to cancel my shipment before it got here, but DHL delivered it anyway. My rear bumper was also shipped from Indiana by DHL and after it arrived at the area distribution center it all of the sudden became to large to deliver and I had to drive 40 miles round trip to pick it up myself. Not a problem as I wanted my bumper. LoD = / DHL =
Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
JK-Forum Founder

i have attempted to contact them numerous times with no success.
Okay, so according to you, you have attempted to contact them 6 times by email and got no response. You then tried contacting them 6 times by phone and if I'm reading you correctly, 2 of those times you got an answer with one of them stating that you would be getting a call back from Chris, the owner of LoD. Need I say, by your own account, you DID in fact have success contacting them. Granted, it did take some effort and according to you, you never did get a call back from Chris (both of which is something that LoD will have to improve if they intend to stay in business), but I think you are being disingenuous when you say things like "they won't return my e-mails or phone calls" or that you "attempted to contact them numerous times with no success". In fact, I would have to say, that is a flat out lie - again, by your own account. I would also like to add that if you never got a call from Chris, why didn't you call them back again to find out why and press the issue?

i never wanted a refund. i just wanted a bumper that fit without damaging my body.
Well, apparently you didn't get what you wanted. Why would you settle on keeping it the way it is or keeping it at all? Again, this was your CHOICE and nobody forced you to make that choice.

if they had sent me a new one, without making me send the old one back first, i would have shit all over myself with happiness....and would have recommended their bumpers to anyone thinking about them....just like i do with shrockworks stuff and northridge4x4
Well, apparently that isn't how they wanted to do things as is the case with most businesses. If you order a new digital camera from Amazon and it shows up to your door broken, do you really think they will send you out a new one without making you send back the old one first? Just because LoD wasn't able to accommodate your demands to your satisfaction does not mean that they weren't willing to fix and/or replace your bumper on their dime or offer you a full refund. Ultimately, YOU chose the end result and you are responsible for not having what you wanted.

On a final note, I would like to reiterate once more, if ANYONE is having any problems contacting LoD, please, let me know and I will do whatever I can to assist you. In fact, this goes with all our sponsors. In the end, if we can help you resolve your issues with them, everybody wins.

Quick Reply: Should I give LoD a chance