Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I give LoD a chance

Old 12-18-2007, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suggest you make a JK skirt to send out to forum members that don't want help and just want to complain. Send it back or keep it, just quit bitchin about it everytime a LOD thread pops up!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
While I agree that the problem should have been fixed, it clearly wasn't for yours and that is a real problem. However, I think it's only fair to remind everyone that you were the one who chose NOT to send it back and have it fixed or replaced. You say it's because you weren't willing to wait another 8 weeks but do you know this for a fact?
how could i have just sent it back?

i think it is also fair to remind everyone that i've sent them six e-mails, with pictures and explanations of what the problems were, and got no response. i think i called six times over three weeks and four of those times i got no answer (yes, i called during business hours and left a message or two) the one time that someone answered, the person told me that chris would have to call me back, but he never did.

i got tired of trying to contact them and finally just ground the bumper down myself with an angle grinder (it took three times to take enough off).

other than not having the zerk in it, there are no problems with it since i've fixed everything myself. but i'm not going to go around recommending them to anyone.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:19 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by billycj7
It is not slanderous. It is FACT.
I'm sorry but suggesting that it is a FACT that people should be "carefull of SOME of the people around here that suggest that you should buy one, there are alot of vendors with names on this board and people who are good friends of the people that own these little companies" is slanderous as this statement is just your OPINION. Unless you can prove that I or anyone else here are suggesting that people should by LoD products just because we are friends of theirs, I will ask again that you retract your statement and would hope for an apology.

I am sure that there are many people out there that are happy with their bumpers. I am NOT. Should this be a forum where everybody pretends that our sponsors would never do anthing to dupe us.......should we all live in a dreamworld where all products are delivered 100% to our liking and that our vendors spend the same amount of time and money supporting customer service requests as the larger companies that they are trying to compete against.
So why didn't you just return your bumper and ask for a full refund. You use big words like sponsors duping you but in the end, you chose to keep your bumper - NOBODY said that you had to keep it or that you couldn't get your money back did they????

The price of JK accessories have gone through the roof in comparrison to the Tj accessories. Our vendors are here because they want or money, the owner of the board wants them here because it benefits him. We are here to make sure we spend our money wisely and because we all enjoy jeeps and can learn from eachother.
And that is why threads/posts like these are still here and NOT deleted as you are suggesting that we would do.

Wayoflife......if you find my post slanderous, you have all the power to delete it. If you want to keep your site going, let people discuss matters that concern them.
You're right, I DO have that power but what a suprise, I haven't and contrary to what many try to suggest, I DON'T.

You might mention to your vendors that alot of us are getting tired of being lied to about when our orders are being shipped. It might also help if they returned phone calls and emails. If they cant keep up with customer service, maybe they should slow down on production numbers and increase time spent in quality control.
What makes you think that I don't?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MONGO!
I suggest you make a JK skirt to send out to forum members that don't want help and just want to complain. Send it back or keep it, just quit bitchin about it everytime a LOD thread pops up!
because people keep asking questions about LoD. don't people ask questions so they can hear honest accounts?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by billycj7
I sent it back once and it came back worse than the first time after being gone for almost 2 months.! Maybe i expected too much.
So why didn't you send it back again and demand a refund? Or, are you the kind of guy that likes to keep things he really hates just so that he can piss and moan about it? I suppose if you bought a TV from Costco and it were scratched or broken, you would keep it just so that you could bitch about Costco or the manufacturer of the TV??
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
how could i have just sent it back?
Easy, you CALL them and demand that you have it picked up and that you get a refund. If they fail to do that, you have a ligitimate beef and I'd be all too willing to hear all about it. And, if I could, I would do whatever I could to make sure that you got your bumper returned and that you got your money back.

i think it is also fair to remind everyone that i've sent them six e-mails, with pictures and explanations of what the problems were, and got no response. i think i called six times over three weeks and four of those times i got no answer (yes, i called during business hours and left a message or two) the one time that someone answered, the person told me that chris would have to call me back, but he never did.
Now that is a fair complaint and I don't know why they would have done that. I will have to remind LoD of this and inform them I expect more out of them if they intend to remain a sponsor of ours. In the mean time, if anyone else is having problems with LoD, please contact me by PM and I will do what I can to assist you.

i got tired of trying to contact them and finally just ground the bumper down myself with an angle grinder (it took three times to take enough off).
And that was your choice to do so.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:28 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
because people keep asking questions about LoD. don't people ask questions so they can hear honest accounts?
Yes, we welcome questions and honest accounts and if you recall, I did not have a beef with anything you had said. My only issue was with the comments that billycj7 made. I think it is important for people to hear accounts like yours. Likewise, I feel it is necessary for people to hear a different perspective that yours as well. Are you okay with that?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

So why didn't you send it back again and demand a refund? Or, are you the kind of guy that likes to keep things he really hates just so that he can piss and moan about it? I suppose if you bought a TV from Costco and it were scratched or broken, you would keep it just so that you could bitch about Costco or the manufacturer of the TV??

i think it sometimes comes down to resigning yourself to just, "settling" with what you got because it becomes more trouble than it is worth to keep trying to get it fixed.

that doesn't make it the fault of the consumer who is unhappy.

i got rid of my old bumper and he probably did too (which i think is a reasonable thing to do). i don't know about where he lives, but it is illegal for me to drive around with no bumper, which is what i would have had to do even if i had sent the first LoD bumper back. this still doesn't make it my fault.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:29 AM
JK Jedi Master

I'll send you my stock one if it helps you out..
Old 12-18-2007, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Yes, we welcome questions and honest accounts and if you recall, I did not have a beef with anything you had said. My only issue was with the comments that billycj7 made. I think it is important for people to hear accounts like yours. Likewise, I feel it is necessary for people to hear a different perspective that yours as well. Are you okay with that?

just fine with that. my post was a reply to someone else (the person i quoted, not you). and there were plenty of people that replied to this topic saying they were happy with their bumper.

Last edited by mcnaught6; 12-18-2007 at 09:34 AM.

Quick Reply: Should I give LoD a chance