Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I give LoD a chance

Old 12-18-2007, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look great, thanks for the information. Looks like my bumper will arrive before my jeep does.

Originally Posted by Jeepin Dad
I just installed my front bumper this past weekend, I love it. It took 3 weeks from the day I placed my order (11/19) to the day it showed up on my doorstep (12/10).

Old 12-18-2007, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mcnaught6
don't buy the LoD bumper for the tool box. it is too small to really be useful. you can't fit a tree trunk protector in it. you can't fit a tow rope in it, unless it is one of those cheap, crappy ones from wal-mart. can't put anything metal in it because it rattles around and drives you nuts. actually, you probably shouldn't put anything in it, because everything in it gets wet and would get ruined before long.

i ordered mine in the middle of september and got it at the end of october. it rattles and bangs against the body. i ground it down quite a bit on the passenger side and after taking it off three times to grind more off, it finally isn't grinding the paint off the body of my jeep.

the holes for mounting the d-rings in were too small for 3/4" shackles. i spent about an hour and went through several bits on my dremel grinding out the holes to get them large enough to fit a standard 3/4" shackle.

all the holes that they were supposed to have pre-tapped were crap. i had to buy new, larger, self-drilling metal screws to put the handle on, because the holes for their bolts were'nt even tapped at all. they did a crappy job tapping the zerk hole. they either did it incorrectly, or just stripped it out, because the zerk won't go in.

i've sent them six e-mails with pictures showing them the problems and gotten no response. but, even if they did respond, what am i supposed to do? screw with trying to ship the old one back and wait another 8 weeks to get a new one?

everything works with it now, but it still doesn't have a zerk in the pivot for the swingaway.

i say go for it!

I experienced the same thing. My rear bumper didnt fit worth a crap, it rubbed against the body and had alot of clunking. The powdercoat was some of the shoddiest I have ever seen. I sent it back once to get fixxed and it came back a month and a half later . Still didnt fit right, I had to actually take a plasma cutter to get it trimmed to fit correctly. I emailed them several times and never did get things fixxed by them. I have heard that some of these problems have been fixxed. LOD bumpers are much cheaper than alot of the others........dont be fooled into thinking that you are getting a great deal. You are more than likely getting what you paid for. (unfortunately) Be carefull of SOME of the people around here that suggest that you should buy one, there are alot of vendors with names on this board abd people who are good friends of the people that own these little companies. 2 weeks shipping? My A$$......many will tell you this , take your order and make you wait, they know that if they dont take your order now, some other company will get your order if they tell you that it is going to be a month or two for delivery.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:23 AM
JK Freak

I am not a friend of or an employee of LoD.... I am a very satisfied customer who recieved my shipment in about 3 weeks from order..... I purchased only the front bumper !!!

I am sorry you are having problems with fitment and YES they should have fixed the problem.....!!!

I just don't have any problems with fit, finish, or anything to be honest..... I like the product and recommend it based on MY dealings with them !!!!

Last edited by HULKGREEN; 12-18-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:42 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by billycj7
Be carefull of SOME of the people around here that suggest that you should buy one, there are alot of vendors with names on this board abd people who are good friends of the people that own these little companies.
For the record, I am good friends with LoD and while I have no problems with you bitching about them, their products and/or their customer service (proof being that threads/post like this DO NOT get deleted) even though they are a sponsor of ours, I do find this statement to be slanderous and would kindly ask that you voluntarily retract it.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wayoflife
For the record, I am good friends with LoD and while I have no problems with you bitching about them, their products and/or their customer service (proof being that threads/post like this DO NOT get deleted) even though they are a sponsor of ours, I do find this statement to be slanderous and would kindly ask that you voluntarily retract it.
what makes you think he was talking about you?
Old 12-18-2007, 08:52 AM
JK Jedi Master

its obvious dont you think? Of course you do or you would not have posted this.

If anyone searchs LOD they'll find threads about the fitment issues of the first bumpers out from LOD . the problems have since been resolved.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
its obvious dont you think? Of course you do or you would not have posted this.

If anyone searchs LOD they'll find threads about the fitment issues of the first bumpers out from LOD . the problems have since been resolved.

that's what i was assured of when i purchased my bumper in september.....
Old 12-18-2007, 09:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

It is not slanderous. It is FACT. I am sure that there are many people out there that are happy with their bumpers. I am NOT. Should this be a forum where everybody pretends that our sponsors would never do anthing to dupe us.......should we all live in a dreamworld where all products are delivered 100% to our liking and that our vendors spend the same amount of time and money supporting customer service requests as the larger companies that they are trying to compete against. The price of JK accessories have gone through the roof in comparrison to the Tj accessories. Our vendors are here because they want or money, the owner of the board wants them here because it benefits him. We are here to make sure we spend our money wisely and because we all enjoy jeeps and can learn from eachother. Wayoflife......if you find my post slanderous, you have all the power to delete it. If you want to keep your site going, let people discuss matters that concern them. You might mention to your vendors that alot of us are getting tired of being lied to about when our orders are being shipped. It might also help if they returned phone calls and emails. If they cant keep up with customer service, maybe they should slow down on production numbers and increase time spent in quality control. This does not pply to all of our vendors. I have had great luck with many of them. My statements would never hurt the quality vendors, but it should make some of the others think a little bit about how they present their product and treat their customers.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:07 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Because so far as I know, I am the only "good friend" of the owner of LoD here and I have personally tried helping him to resolve his issues in the past.

that's what i was assured of when i purchased my bumper in september.....
While I agree that the problem should have been fixed, it clearly wasn't for yours and that is a real problem. However, I think it's only fair to remind everyone that you were the one who chose NOT to send it back and have it fixed or replaced. You say it's because you weren't willing to wait another 8 weeks but do you know this for a fact?
Old 12-18-2007, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Because so far as I know, I am the only "good friend" of the owner of LoD here and I have personally tried helping him to resolve his issues in the past.

While I agree that the problem should have been fixed, it clearly wasn't for yours and that is a real problem. However, I think it's only fair to remind everyone that you were the one who chose NOT to send it back and have it fixed or replaced. You say it's because you weren't willing to wait another 8 weeks but do you know this for a fact?

I sent it back once and it came back worse than the first time after being gone for almost 2 months.! Maybe i expected too much.

Quick Reply: Should I give LoD a chance