Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I give LoD a chance

Old 12-17-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jgarza250
pics please

Old 12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to LOD today as it's in the final 3 bumpers for me. How did you do the license plate over the winch hook rubimon? I really liked the toolbox feature but I still cannot get why the tire carrier? I suspect it's because of the larger tire but the biggest I can go in Mass on an unlimited is 34" legally.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by NE Wrangling
How did you do the license plate over the winch hook rubimon?
Rubimon posted pics of my Jeep. I used 1 1/4 conduit clips to clip on the rollers of the fair lead and mounted the LP to them. I used wing nuts to mount the LP so it would be relatively easy to remove and use the winch. About $4 at The Home Depot.

I really liked the toolbox feature but I still cannot get why the tire carrier? I suspect it's because of the larger tire but the biggest I can go in Mass on an unlimited is 34" legally.
The tire carrier is to take the weight of the spare tire off of the gate. Over time a large spare tire mounted on the gate can cause it to warp.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
JK Super Freak

does the gate fully open with the swing arm? what I mean is at the pivot point does the gate open into the swing arm as they go in the same direction. I would of thought the pivot point would be on the opposite side just otside of the swing point but I could see this being annoying also.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

does the gate fully open with the swing arm? what I mean is at the pivot point does the gate open into the swing arm as they go in the same direction. I would of thought the pivot point would be on the opposite side just otside of the swing point but I could see this being annoying also.
The gate will only open about 90 degrees + a little bit before the gate hinges contact the carrier hinge.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:21 PM
JK Super Freak

hmmm, seems like bumper guys could add a little gate guard to the pivot point to prevent the tourqing. Simple rubber stopping device allong the pivot point ;-) I will say if I do replace the rear bumper there is no question the LOD is the best I've seen with the built in tool box.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:29 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my LoD bumpers.

Old 12-17-2007, 05:40 PM
JK Super Freak

I talked to LOD today about there bumper and they stated they will be making guards for the front. Bolt on guard options.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default order LOD

How long did it take to receive your LOD bumpers? I just placed my order and was curious how long it would take to arrive. 1 to 2 weeks?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi Master

I talked to LOD today about there bumper and they stated they will be making guards for the front. Bolt on guard options.
I have been waiting for those to come out. I have been patient. I have had my front for almost a year now as it was one of the first production bumpers.

Quick Reply: Should I give LoD a chance