Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Should I get this Ruby!!??

Old 10-13-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In TX bought close to the same '07 Rubi for $21,500. . .
Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by veretas
too much? So what isnt too much? 25k?
If you are in Miami the demand for Jeeps is probably high (sun and convertibles).

If it was me:

I would go to cars.com or autotrader.com and see what comparable Rubis are selling for and lower dealer prices by ~2000K and private parties by $1000 at least. Edmunds.com will also give you an idea what vehicles are selling for in your area.

In SoCal which probably to not too different from South Florida , I would expect to pay ~$23-25K for that vehicle.

It appears to be a very clean JK, good luck.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Freak

That's too much.

I paid 22k for mine last year one owner great condition and only 2,200 miles and the comma is not in the wrong place. Mine is a two door though and the dealership was asking 27,975 untill I laughed and started to leave.

Mine is and 07 I bought is September of 08. So now I'd say 20-21 would be good. The above poster has a good point I'm in Alabama and things are cheaper here.

Last edited by nikbass; 10-13-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Newbie

I don't get it. You can't all be wrong- or can you? Blue book (which is always high) which is done as a ploy in order to get people to use it- create a higher market, keep the sellers happy and quoting KBB. I just ran the digits. I got 27K for good condition private resale- excellant was 28K. And I got 28.5 k on the dealer quote on KBB. I would be happy to fly to alabama or texas or wherever and drive one back (with a hill stop or two ;-) if it is 2-3 or 4K less than miami. HELP? thoughts?
Old 10-13-2009, 01:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by geebee
sure it would. your telling me that stock rig would be the same price as a lifted with 35s and aftermarket bumpers ??? maybe not to the average buyer... but the right buyer would pay more for the modded rig.
I'm talking TMV.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

If you are in a town that has a used 2008 or 2009 ruby with low mileage etc... for 22-23k or so. Please let me know. I'll charter damn jet friday- well not really. But I will sit coach on a Southworst(west) flight and pick'r up for a nice drive to miami.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

go to auto trader and put the millage at 500 and price cap at 28000 see what you get i found a bunch up here way cheaper then you are looking
Old 10-13-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Newbie

I don't know where you guys are finding these deals. 22 for a recent ruby? unheard of in all my searches. Soo jealous (me pouting)
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I love how people love to brag about how little they paid for there cars and how much they spent on there homes. I REALLY doubt a dealer discounted a Jeep 6k off!! I don't care if you live in Alabama or Miami, not happening.

Best thing to do is do a local search on Cars.com and see what dealers are asking for them.

E
Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blkjkchicago
I love how people love to brag about how little they paid for there cars and how much they spent on there homes. I REALLY doubt a dealer discounted a Jeep 6k off!! I don't care if you live in Alabama or Miami, not happening.

Best thing to do is do a local search on Cars.com and see what dealers are asking for them.

E
The deals that were available a year, or even six months ago, aren't around now. Plus, you have to figure in the regional incentives that might be available in some areas.

Hell, last December, Jeep offered an additional $4k rebate to dealership employees. I'd never heard of any shit like that before. At the time, our (now late) Jeep store was doing $7k off MSRP of in stock Rubicons, so it was a no brainer for me to take that deal. I knew it wouldn't last and was way too good of a deal to turn down.

Quick Reply: Should I get this Ruby!!??