Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Shocked at Warranty

Old 05-23-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going to put a spacer lift on my jeep till the warranty is over. If I have an issue and have to take it in to the stealer I will swap out the spacers and then take it. Sounds like to much trouble but the cost of some parts are rather high. Thats what I'm doing. It may not work for all but we pay for the warranty I just want to use it till it's ended.
Old 05-23-2010, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We all need to learn from the guys who fix their own rigs so we can do most of the maintenance to our own rigs. You'll love your jeep more and more and become more cabable in doing so. Chrysler sucks! Jeep "the name" needs to branch off by itself and I bet JEEP wouldn't be bankrupt. Bring back the XJ for sure!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:21 AM
JK Freak

Default two thumbs up!

you are your best mechanic - wouldn't advise swapping out a motor, but WOL has a lot of step by step guides (with photo's) on most repairs and installs.

i took my re-gear to the shop and afterwards my lockers didn't work. looked up on WOL's "gear install" and he had a note (with photo's) to be carefull when installing gear that you do not crush locker cam/switch.

took back to the shop and showed them the photo - and turned out that's exactly what they did wrong. they also damaged the pinion seal, which believe WOL had a write up on that as well.

Originally Posted by jasonG
We all need to learn from the guys who fix their own rigs so we can do most of the maintenance to our own rigs. You'll love your jeep more and more and become more cabable in doing so. Chrysler sucks! Jeep "the name" needs to branch off by itself and I bet JEEP wouldn't be bankrupt. Bring back the XJ for sure!
Old 05-24-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They have to scrutinize, like any other business. Besides, does your Jeep not do what you need it to, right out of the box? Unless you're rock crawling, do you really need that lift, bigger tires, etc? I'd say that 99% of the time, the answer is "no." And if you are hard core, why don't you just get a Rubi? A lot of these mods cause the engine and trans to work harder, so how can we blame Chrysler for their scrutiny? My JKU X is perfectly capable for what I need it to do and it looks perfectly fine just the way it is. My warranty is and always will be intact.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

makes me wonder if the federal govt's new consumer fraud protection agency will enforce the warranties written by the auto companies, which are now owned by the federal government....
Old 05-24-2010, 11:43 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
They have to scrutinize, like any other business. Besides, does your Jeep not do what you need it to, right out of the box? Unless you're rock crawling, do you really need that lift, bigger tires, etc? I'd say that 99% of the time, the answer is "no." And if you are hard core, why don't you just get a Rubi? A lot of these mods cause the engine and trans to work harder, so how can we blame Chrysler for their scrutiny? My JKU X is perfectly capable for what I need it to do and it looks perfectly fine just the way it is. My warranty is and always will be intact.
Yes I need that lift and bigger tires...
Old 05-25-2010, 02:34 PM
JK Super Freak

I've said this before and I'll say it again. try putting a lift, tires and engine mods to your ride on mower, then bring it back and try to get some warranty work ob it. or better yet modify your fridge to cool the garage and complain about the motor burning up. or even better yet try starting your own company thats sells "what-ever" and provide warranty no matter what.

you can take your jeep where you want and drive it wherever, so long as it stays stock.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JEEP THRILLS
you can take your jeep where you want and drive it wherever, so long as it stays stock.
Unless you get one of the many problems that plague the jk such as random not starting, axles seal leaks, power steering pump failures, clutch issues, constant water leaks, etc, etc. Most dealerships give you a run around for all of those too. stock or not.

I begged to get a warranty delete on this JK because I knew it was worthless (after going through all the issues with my previous lemon) and wanted to save some money. They would not do it. I wish they had the option.
Old 05-25-2010, 04:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
You were shocked by this? From Chrysler? Really?
X2. Chrysler warranty is an oxymoron.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mariner
When I bought my 2010 i didn't even ask what the warrenty was and i still don't know and dont really care. When something breaks i'll take it in to be fixed, if warrenty covers it great, if not fix it, sell it and get another one. real simple. I always laugh at these super long and extended warrenties, not worth the paper they are printed on. My dealer works with me when there are issues and i have never been disapointed.
took the words out of my mouth.. Exactly!!

Quick Reply: Shocked at Warranty