Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

She was almost gone

Old 01-07-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default She was almost gone

Today we went and drove the 2012 JKU, but I just couldn't leave my Ol'girl MANGO. Granted the power and speed was quite enticing it could not over come the $5K monetary loss, all I could think of was the amount of mods that could
Old 01-07-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Today we went and drove the 2012 JKU, but I just couldn't leave my Ol'girl MANGO. Granted the power and speed was quite enticing it could not over come the $5K monetary loss, all I could think of was the amount of mods that could purchase with it, although the possibility still stand that the trade could happen later. Should I have done it or just keep and continue to build my current jeep?

Last edited by Big_T_Shirt; 01-07-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

I look at it like this...if money is no object, then sure...fire away and get it. That being said, if you're watching your money I think you did the right thing...I mean the on road power increase would be nice. However, the off-road gains seem not worth the added cost and that is where I have come down on this. Sure, if you get into a street race with a 2012 you'll get your ass handed to you, but off-road I think its not worth it. Just my .02
Old 01-07-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Junkie

Unless you are going from a Sport to a Rubicon I say keep it.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Big_T_Shirt
Today we went and drove the 2012 JKU, but I just couldn't leave my Ol'girl MANGO. Granted the power and speed was quite enticing it could not over come the $5K monetary loss, all I could think of was the amount of mods that could purchase with it, although the possibility still stand that the trade could happen later. Should I have done it or just keep and continue to build my current jeep?
I had the same problem owning a 2011 also, but to many mods had already been done to justify trading in. The question you have to ask is if you will be satified with the power output of your current Jeep the way it is or will you have to spend 5200 for a supercharger to get it where you want it? No easy answer.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Yup...it all boils down to how bad you want it and if you can live with the monetary loss. Look at my sig with all the mods I had...I decided I wanted the '12 rubicon so I went ahead and sold my 08 JKU and placed and order for the 2012. I will miss the old JK but look forward to driving and modding the '12 rubicon
Old 01-07-2012, 05:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sapper12b
Unless you are going from a Sport to a Rubicon I say keep it.
That was part of the decision also, I figure I can re-gear and chip or SC for the amount lost. We were going to do an exact swap sport to sport same option and all, just a different color but I love the mango color. Basically I would have been paying for a engine/transmission swap
Old 01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I traded my 11 for a 12... both were Rubicons and I was glad I made the trade. I was immediately satisfied with my decision when I was driving it home.

All my 'mods' for the 11 are sitting in my garage. I was waiting to purchase tires... so now I have these mods for the 12.

Unfortunately mine was totaled on the way home from the dealership and I hope to have another soon.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
I traded my 11 for a 12... both were Rubicons and I was glad I made the trade. I was immediately satisfied with my decision when I was driving it home.

All my 'mods' for the 11 are sitting in my garage. I was waiting to purchase tires... so now I have these mods for the 12.

Unfortunately mine was totaled on the way home from the dealership and I hope to have another soon.
I seen those pics... Glad you came out of that with only a few scratches!

I like the option on the rubi's (think its only the rubis) that you can choose your gear while (auto) while wheeling...
Old 01-07-2012, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Give up Mango and $5k for a 2012? No way!! ...and I love my 2012 but that Mango color is awesome

Quick Reply: She was almost gone