Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Share Your Dealer Experience Here!

Old 11-19-2007, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DCS Rubicon
Furman Jeep in Wesley Chapel Fl is where I ordered my jeep. I ordered it 3 months ago through friends and family pricing and picked the vehicle up and drove away. The next day they called and said they gave me the wrong pricing and now they want more money. They also promised they could put a pift and tires on and now they said they won't do that. Never buy from this stealership.
Wow, if that's true, I suspect they tried to take advantage of a Jeep-sponsored program, then gave you an end-around. Sheesh . . . let's put these guys up at the top of the shit list!

naughty, naughty, naughty . . .

Old 11-19-2007, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DCS Rubicon
Furman Jeep in Wesley Chapel Fl is where I ordered my jeep. I ordered it 3 months ago through friends and family pricing and picked the vehicle up and drove away. The next day they called and said they gave me the wrong pricing and now they want more money. They also promised they could put a pift and tires on and now they said they won't do that. Never buy from this stealership.
sounds like they definitly screwed up. I know when i went to shop they said the 4dr's didnt qualify for discounts including my Affiliate discount. No matter, if you signed a contract with X price they need to honor the price no matter the loss.
Old 11-19-2007, 10:29 PM
JK Newbie

Been reading this forum for a while and thought I should probably register and start posting so I don't look like a stalker I live in Tucson and there's 2 jeep dealerships here, both of them were friendly, but had the attitude of "these things sell themselves and we can't keep them in stock so we don't really care if you buy or not." I test drove at both of them and told them I was interested in a Sahara with 4WD, mygig, tow package, hard top and anti spin rear axle. For some strange reason every single sahara on the lot was 2WD. why anyone would buy a 2WD jeep is beyond me, but to each thier own. After calling Phoenix I found a dealership that's affiliated with COSTCO and would order me what I want for 1000 over invoice, anyone know if that's a good deal? I ordered it 10/4 and I'm patiently waiting as I watch every other dealership in town mark down their cars and give crazy good deals like 5000 cash back on a new FJ Cruiser....
Old 11-20-2007, 12:21 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Aric
Been reading this forum for a while and thought I should probably register and start posting so I don't look like a stalker I live in Tucson and there's 2 jeep dealerships here, both of them were friendly, but had the attitude of "these things sell themselves and we can't keep them in stock so we don't really care if you buy or not." I test drove at both of them and told them I was interested in a Sahara with 4WD, mygig, tow package, hard top and anti spin rear axle. For some strange reason every single sahara on the lot was 2WD. why anyone would buy a 2WD jeep is beyond me, but to each thier own. After calling Phoenix I found a dealership that's affiliated with COSTCO and would order me what I want for 1000 over invoice, anyone know if that's a good deal? I ordered it 10/4 and I'm patiently waiting as I watch every other dealership in town mark down their cars and give crazy good deals like 5000 cash back on a new FJ Cruiser....
$1000 over invoice is okay. $500 over invoice is better. Not even sure what "invoice" means, since I can't fathom how a dealer could pay his salesmen, his light bill, his insurance and his own salary by selling a vehicle at only $400 above "invoice." But "$400 over invoice" is the price I paid for mine.

Anyway - Please repost your experience with the name and city of the dealerships . . . and whether they were "great", "so so" or "sucky sucky." Thanks!
Old 11-20-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Pollard Jeep, Boulder, CO

I had a great experience working with Billy Nesbitt at Pollard Jeep in Boulder, CO. This is a 5 Star dealership that has been serving Boulder for decades.

My scenario was as follows: I was curious what my loaded '99 Tahoe with 177,000 miles would fetch for trade in and I knew that my next ride was going to be a JK Unlimited. I randomly stopped in back in February to see what they'd give me. They said its a tough one, great ride, but high miles. They quoted me $3000.

A week goes by and I head back to the dealership to get the ball rolling for my Unlimited. They only had two on the lot, one auto X and one auto Sahara with leather . I was wanting a Sahara or Rubi with manual and I had 4 colors that I was open to. At the time, Unlimited JKs with manual were HARD to come by.

Billy searched in a 500 mile radius for me and gave me constant updates of what he found. He also gave me the order sheets of all the models that they had on order (1-6 wks out). I wasn't finding what I wanted until the day before my birthday...I happened to stop by during lunch to check out the Red Rock color, as they had access to a Red Rock in Denver. I wandered around the lot and they had JUST pulled my JK off the truck! YES! I found my JK, however, he knew that I was desperate to find it. When it came down to price negotiation, they threw in the soft top boot, slush mats, gave me $5000 on trade in ($2k more), and waived their administrative fees ($500 or so).

I got what I wanted, he helped me through the process, and gave me a fair deal. Plus I got to pick it up on my 30th birthday!!! Happy Birthday to ME!!!

www.boulderjeep.com
Old 11-20-2007, 08:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default WELL Below invoice.... Great Dealership!

I'm very well below Invoice on my current deal.... signing tomarrow.... If you want their info send me a message, the guy i'm working with is great too. Nice family guy, prompt responder , if I send an email , I get one back quickly and if I call him he chats and treats me like a friend. So far I cant complain a bit... and I had to drive about an hour to get to this place, the one 2 miles from my house wouldnt deal.

Last edited by toyboxx; 11-20-2007 at 12:13 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Default Smith Stokes

I also agree that Smith Stokes Jeep in Reidsville NC is an excellent dealership. You can read more at this post: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/nc-piedmont-triad-region-va-dealership-smith-stokes-20964/
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default List Updated 11/20/07

THE GOOD
Pollard Jeep, Boulder, CO (post #28)
Some dealership in N.E. Ohio... East of Cleveland (post #29)
All American Daimler Chrysler Jeep in San Angelo, Texas (see post #2)
Medlyn Motors in Milford, New Hampshire. (post # 8, 11)
Mall of GA Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep (post #6)
Mike Motors, Ely, Minnesota (my own experience)
Hilltop Jeep in Richmond, CA (post #7)
Smith Stokes Automotive in Reidsville, NC (post #17)
Don-a-Vee Jeep in Placentia, CA (post #18)
Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Bellevue - Washington State (post #20)

THE BAD (ish)
AutoWest In Fremont, CA (post #7)
Arrigo DCJ in West Palm Beach FL (added surcharge to MSRP) (post #16)

AND THE FUGLY
Furman Jeep in Wesley Chapel Fl (post #23)
Renfrew Jeep Chrysler in Calgary (post #12)
Carmax in Duluth, GA (post #6)
Stevens Creek Jeep, San Jose, CA (post #7)

Quick Reply: Share Your Dealer Experience Here!