Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Service Denied for abnormal driving conditions.

Old 10-15-2008, 03:44 AM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what happens when you let the Germans run things... remember the last time? They invaded a bunch of countries :-)
Old 10-15-2008, 04:32 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J2H
This is what happens when you let the Germans run things... remember the last time? They invaded a bunch of countries :-)
In all seriousness the Germans do seem to be crappy businessman. Not necessarily unsuccessful, but crappy people. I left my previous employer mainly because a German took over and he treated his employees and the customers like crap. This is not a stereotype on all Germans, but in my experience has been the case.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Newbie

Are you a lawyer or did you just sleep in a Holiday Inn Express last night?

Originally Posted by CIJeep
Tell them fine. please refund all monies paid, principle and interest, license fee's, maintenance fees, etc. PLUS interest on all the about and in lieu of false advertising suit that you'll take one new Rubicon paid in full set up the way you want it. Make it a demand to be concluded in 30 days or a lawyer will be accessed to enforce your demands.

Of course you can do this the easy way, leave the payment money in a special account you set up, stop payment on the vehicle and notify them as to why. After it is resolved and promise is made to cover all future warranteed components for the life of the warranty then release all the past payments. If they damage your credit then you can sue for damages.

Just a few options to consider.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thatguywv
I went to Macomb, MI earlier this month to visit some family. Anyways while up there, my cousin said that I should take my Jeep to a buddy of his at MOUNT CLEMENS DODGE.
I am glad I did, I as far as my top goes, they told me that it was a bad mold and it would have to be replaced. Also, I mentioned a few other things, such as: Rattle in steering or intermediate shaft, and noise from hard top header seal.

They fixed those items, would have fixed the top if parts would have been avaliable, also washed my jeep and plugged a leak I did not know about.

I would definitely suggest taking your jeep to mount clemens dodge.
But will your top get fixed? - will you take it back to Mount Clemens to fix it?
Old 10-15-2008, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

After all is said and done, was the top fixed? Do any comments service managers make on your service record also appear at every dealer?
Old 10-15-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Newbie

I am not sure if I will take it to a local dealer or not. It is pretty hard to get to a dealer since my average work week is 6 day a week, 70+ hours. I may wait until x-mas when I head back up there to visit family again.

Also, I feel that the dealer did nothing that is out side the norm on giving me service. Well maybe they did do something out of the norm, they gave me service without a hassel.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgrt
In all seriousness the Germans do seem to be crappy businessman. Not necessarily unsuccessful, but crappy people. I left my previous employer mainly because a German took over and he treated his employees and the customers like crap. This is not a stereotype on all Germans, but in my experience has been the case.
What to Germans have to do with it,, It is not Daimler-Chrysler anymore.. Dodge-Chrysler is owned by the America company Cerberus.. (named after the mythical mulit-headed dog that guards the gates of hell) The chairman of Cerberus is John Snow, ex CEO of CSX Railroad, and ex Secretary Treasurer of the US. Also on the team is Dan Quayle.
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by hig4s
...Also on the team is Dan Quayle.
Good thing we don't drive a potatoe...

Quick Reply: Service Denied for abnormal driving conditions.