Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Service Denied for abnormal driving conditions.

Old 08-13-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually I am not so sure about naming names, but I am in favor of hearing of good dealers. It is about 35 miles for my next closest dealer.

This reminds me of a transmission problem I had on my 06 CTD. They said it was the KORE lift, somehow, until I was able to bring them a TSB.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Freak

all web sites and chrysler brochures show the rubi in extreme conditions... i'd try another dealer if it's under warranty
Old 08-13-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Wheelerbob
We need a sticky about jeep friendly dealers and not so friendly dealers.
We need to spread the word obout the non friendly ones and when their sales start to suffer maybe they will change their position.
A great idea, but the worst dealers are generally a$$wipes in every aspect of business. I wouldn't put it past any of them to file a lawsuit against this forum for defamation if a list of dirty laundry was posted.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Is there another dealer that you can use for service?
Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Your Jeep warranty service

Originally Posted by possumface
i don't understand dealers don't they get paid something when they do some warranty work anyway
Your Jeep dealer's warranty friendliness is directly related to their ability to collect warranty work reimbursment back from Jeep. In a typical dealership the warranty clerk (who literally can collect MILLIONS for the dealership in unpaid claims) is a minimum wage multiple turnover position person who never learns the steps necessary to collect the monies owed to the dealership. Instead of paying someone long-term and competent to collect the money the attitude is Gee- they're not paying for that anymore, don't do anymore of those. The heck of it is these guys think they are making money by having a minimum wage person doing this position. ALL dealerships run on a 30 day mentality- all employees from the service writer to the general manger is paid on 30 day commission plans. Commission checks come out around the 10th of the following month for the previous month's work. The guy you are talking to in the service lane is living on a $250-$400 a week draw, so he can only see to the 10th of the next month. If you want to buy a new vehicle as cheap as you possibly can, deal at the END of the month....
Old 10-14-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Default Update.

I went to Macomb, MI earlier this month to visit some family. Anyways while up there, my cousin said that I should take my Jeep to a buddy of his at MOUNT CLEMENS DODGE.
I am glad I did, I as far as my top goes, they told me that it was a bad mold and it would have to be replaced. Also, I mentioned a few other things, such as: Rattle in steering or intermediate shaft, and noise from hard top header seal.

They fixed those items, would have fixed the top if parts would have been avaliable, also washed my jeep and plugged a leak I did not know about.

I would definitely suggest taking your jeep to mount clemens dodge.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by thatguywv
I went to Macomb, MI earlier this month to visit some family. Anyways while up there, my cousin said that I should take my Jeep to a buddy of his at MOUNT CLEMENS DODGE.
I am glad I did, I as far as my top goes, they told me that it was a bad mold and it would have to be replaced. Also, I mentioned a few other things, such as: Rattle in steering or intermediate shaft, and noise from hard top header seal.

They fixed those items, would have fixed the top if parts would have been avaliable, also washed my jeep and plugged a leak I did not know about.

I would definitely suggest taking your jeep to mount clemens dodge.

Glad you found a good one, but there's got to be a closer one for you.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:01 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've warned people before about naming names. Especially for the good. I can guarantee you that Chrysler watches these forums, and I wouldn't be surprised if dealers that are mentioned as good dealers come under heavier scrutiny for their warranty claims.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Tell them fine. please refund all monies paid, principle and interest, license fee's, maintenance fees, etc. PLUS interest on all the about and in lieu of false advertising suit that you'll take one new Rubicon paid in full set up the way you want it. Make it a demand to be concluded in 30 days or a lawyer will be accessed to enforce your demands.

Of course you can do this the easy way, leave the payment money in a special account you set up, stop payment on the vehicle and notify them as to why. After it is resolved and promise is made to cover all future warranteed components for the life of the warranty then release all the past payments. If they damage your credit then you can sue for damages.

Just a few options to consider.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wheelerbob
We need a sticky about jeep friendly dealers and not so friendly dealers.
We need to spread the word obout the non friendly ones and when their sales start to suffer maybe they will change their position.
Good idea, but not likely. Chrysler is hurting so bad right now that they are just trying to keep their heads above water. I would imagine that the constant denial of claims keeps the overhead at a minimum considering that a lot of people just give in.

Quick Reply: Service Denied for abnormal driving conditions.