Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Self control with LED lights

Old 06-12-2016, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Self control with LED lights

I have found on of the biggest needs for self control is the 5 am drive to work. The jeep is not a speed demon, so smaller cars constantly come up on me. When they have their high beams on, and never turn them down, it is so very tempting to turn on the full package of lights when they pass. Have never done it.....but after being blinded for miles...it's tempting.
Old 06-12-2016, 07:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Alvie
I have found on of the biggest needs for self control is the 5 am drive to work. The jeep is not a speed demon, so smaller cars constantly come up on me. When they have their high beams on, and never turn them down, it is so very tempting to turn on the full package of lights when they pass. Have never done it.....but after being blinded for miles...it's tempting.
understandable. i hate when people cruze in the passing lane and wont move over. I kind wish i could just nudge them off the road > : )
Old 06-14-2016, 05:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by B_Alvie
Sometime I do, and sometimes I act on that urge... It's usually when it's 2 am and I'm heading home from somewhere and some little dick who SEES me TURN OFF my high beams while he's merging decides to pull under my bumper and turns on his high beams. Worst part is, they sit there. So I do what any neighborly person would do, I pull out of that lane, let them pass me and let em have it.

Is it right? No. But damnit if I get sick and tired of it and they need to be taught a lesson once in a while.

Also, to add, after the second time it happened I thought maybe my lights were out of alignment and checked them out. Not a chance, they were dead on with a nice clean cutoff.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I wired my a-pillar spots (which go to the spod overhead) to my high beams. I find it easier to flick them quickly without taking my hands off the wheel

Last edited by Riptide9; 06-14-2016 at 08:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Self control with LED lights