Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Seatbelt FLAPPING noise

Old 07-27-2011, 09:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

idk if I jus skipped over it but I didnt see anybody suggest running the belt on the inside of the plastic cover. there are three plastic rivets on the outside and two inside. I didnt have to take the outside three off, jus pull hard enuf in the right spot and the that piece will pop out enuf to run the belt on the inside of the plastic. no more flapping. ill post pics sometime tmoro when i get home
Old 09-06-2011, 03:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jdcouts
idk if I jus skipped over it but I didnt see anybody suggest running the belt on the inside of the plastic cover. there are three plastic rivets on the outside and two inside. I didnt have to take the outside three off, jus pull hard enuf in the right spot and the that piece will pop out enuf to run the belt on the inside of the plastic. no more flapping. ill post pics sometime tmoro when i get home
I just tried this with my passenger side. I find the seat belt doesn't wind back up as smooth as it did before. Did I do it wrong??
Old 09-06-2011, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jdcouts
This is exactly what I did. Works perfectly and does nit effect movement of belts at all. Simple, clean, and free.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Venom19

This is exactly what I did. Works perfectly and does nit effect movement of belts at all. Simple, clean, and free.
I did the same thing- not sure why mines not working right
Old 09-06-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I found that the belt is flapping against the plastic cover where the belt come up from the floor. I went to an auto parts store, bought 2 cheap black seat belt shoulder pads. They are fairly thin and not very long. Put them around the belt down at the bottom in front of that plastic. Works perfect and you don't notice them.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
JK Freak

I bought the black shoulder pads a WalMart. Work great and cost around 5 bucks.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:51 PM
JK Newbie

x2 on the wally seatbelt covers; mine are a extremely poor imitation sheepskin design! But it works, and hey nobody looks down there anyway!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 09blacknwhite
Please tell me i dont have the only jeep in America that does this ...its kinda annoying with the windows down but when you go doorless an topless its Horrible....the part of the seatbelt that goes from the shoulder bracket down to the floor that part of the seatbelt does some horrible flapping around....only thing i can think of is tucking it behind the lever that adjust the back of the seat...............

Anybody got any ideas?...
I'm sure it's posted here, but a simple fix is using the Velcro cable ties to wrap the seatbelt tot your roll bar. cost is about 2 dollars.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:43 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by CajunJeeper
I did the same thing- not sure why mines not working right
Mine also does not retract as nicely, but it's so much better than listening to the flapping. And, it's free.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers

I'm sure it's posted here, but a simple fix is using the Velcro cable ties to wrap the seatbelt tot your roll bar. cost is about 2 dollars.
Tried that. Didn't work for me

Quick Reply: Seatbelt FLAPPING noise