Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Seat Covers

Old 03-24-2008, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

I'm certain I saw some seat-shaped towels that said "Jeep" on them in the Quadratec catalog. They probably come in pairs, so you don't have to make your wife feel "different" (in a bad sort of way, I mean).
Old 03-24-2008, 01:44 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dont park under light poles and just clean it when it gets hit. I run a Safari Bikini Top mostly for sun protection. I just recently covered the back end with a duster cover.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by michiganjeep2008
Please forgive the 'newbie' questions. Do you have seat covers? What about driving with the top off - bird crap, sprinkles, etc.... (I'm kind of a neat freak).
Those were my thought when i just got my X. After 1st off road trip, i forgot about everything.

I think i still got mud on carpet/seat/roll bars from my first mud run. lol
Old 05-14-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Check out the thread I started on Seat Covers. I have done most of the research already.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/seat-cover-torture-test-68475/
Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the wet okole
Only problem is my dogs hair(boxer) sticks to the seats
Love'rm
Though 2nd set
Old 05-14-2009, 01:18 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

We've got the Iggees on order. Have had Wet Okoles in our truck for 5 years and they are awesome, but just a few times wheeling in the desert with even only the freedom panels removed, the dust inside the JK was a PITA to clean out after a trip. Plus two dogs who sometimes ride, as well as 3 kids...we need all the help we can get. We decided having something "dust proof" would be the way to go. A little concerned about the burned butt factor after sitting in the sun, but then again the Wet Okoles sweat like crazy when it's hot and you are wearing shorts...so it's a trade off.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
We've got the Iggees on order. Have had Wet Okoles in our truck for 5 years and they are awesome, but just a few times wheeling in the desert with even only the freedom panels removed, the dust inside the JK was a PITA to clean out after a trip. Plus two dogs who sometimes ride, as well as 3 kids...we need all the help we can get. We decided having something "dust proof" would be the way to go. A little concerned about the burned butt factor after sitting in the sun, but then again the Wet Okoles sweat like crazy when it's hot and you are wearing shorts...so it's a trade off.

I have the Iggee covers. The red center swatches really don't get too hot, but I do have those JEEP towel seat-covers on hand for the especially warm days. Works pretty good.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

I personally have a set of inexpensive neoprene covers that after about a year and half I am getting marathon covers to go over. Now, that doesn't solve your aversion to the $200 price tag. Here are some other options.
several different color options for each for about $29.99.

Now, these are the cheapest "waterproof" that I can find, but again you are over $100 for just the front seats.

As always, tell us what you choose and take pictures of the results.

Quick Reply: Seat Covers