Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Seat Cover Torture Test

Old 01-14-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dadgummit
This picture cracks me up. I like the look and strength of the marathon in your testing. Does it have any padding or is it just thin cloth?
Marathon is just thin nylon, no padding. The durability though is really selling me on em. I am going to call them today and see if they can improve their lead time. If so I'll probably buy Marathon today. I like the idea that it takes a large buoy knife to destory them.

In hindsight, I wish I had actually got the swatches from Wet Okole becuase I heard so much good feedback on this forum about their product.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyRubicon
Marathon is just thin nylon, no padding. The durability though is really selling me on em. I am going to call them today and see if they can improve their lead time. If so I'll probably buy Marathon today. I like the idea that it takes a large buoy knife to destory them.

In hindsight, I wish I had actually got the swatches from Wet Okole becuase I heard so much good feedback on this forum about their product.
You will have to post pics here if you get the marathons. I have been looking around. I have the front Wet Okoles, and they have held up well to over a year and a half of use. I am putting them back in my '08, but have been looking for an alternative for my rear seat with 2 young kids, ballistic nylon may be the way to go.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

My wife spilled a 1/2 can of coke on a the Wet Okoles in my F150. It stayed in a puddle till I got home and wipped it up with a towel. It was still completely dry. My buddy was eating Reeses Peanutbutter Cups and a piece dropped between his legs. He sat on it all the way home. I waited till it dried and scrapped it off. It all came off. The Wet Okoles looked brand new. I mountain bike and we get dirty a lot. The Wet Okoles held up and looked brand new after a year. Im getting them for my JK when I save up the money.
Old 01-14-2009, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kntr
My buddy was eating Reeses Peanutbutter Cups and a piece dropped between his legs. He sat on it all the way home.
A likely story for why there was gooey brown stuff on your seats after he had sat there, if I ever heard one...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sweating issue is one that should be taken into consideration too... being as it gets a little on the "warm" side here in AZ in the summertime. Also, what is your take on how hot the seat covers themselves might get sitting in the sun? Would my kid burn his butt any worse or better on the different materials? Good tests Johnny...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RubiJK
The sweating issue is one that should be taken into consideration too... being as it gets a little on the "warm" side here in AZ in the summertime. Also, what is your take on how hot the seat covers themselves might get sitting in the sun? Would my kid burn his butt any worse or better on the different materials? Good tests Johnny...
The Iggee or any other pleather material feels like leather but I think I'm going to stay away from them because they supposedly act just like leather and get hot or cold depending on the temp outside. If you are not as concerned about waterproof or durability, the GT covers microfiber is very comfortable material, almost like a very soft shammy. I would think that for us here in PHX the Marathon is the best bet because the waterproof ability is not as important but the durability against dirt and heat is key.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just talked to Marathon and they are running 3 weeks including shipping time.

Who has experience with Iggee? Is it truly a 5-7 day turn around time?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok I just pulled the trigger on Marathon's. I'll post pictures in 3 weeks when I get them.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyRubicon
Ok I just pulled the trigger on Marathon's. I'll post pictures in 3 weeks when I get them.
Good, because I will be ordering a rear seatcover from them if I like what I see with yours. Thanks for being the Guinea Pig!
Old 02-11-2009, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just wanted to chime in that I've been trying to obtain a sample of the Iggee covers. I submitted a request using their "Contact Us" form and never recieved a confirmation or the sample. This was approximately thee weeks ago.

I called in figuring it would faster and more assured to get a sample only to get what I believe was an asian woman insisting I just email them. When I told her I already had with no response she was seemingly unwilling to do such a thing over the phone and insisted again I email iggee.com. No name on the address, just the domain. Perhaps it there was a language barrier but I'm already very turned off by this companys customer service.

The Marathon sample I requested came within a week or two. Just as JohnnyRubicon had mentioned the sample is VERY durable.

It doesn't look like the Iggees offer a behind the seat pocket. Does anyone know if the Marathons offer a pocket?

If not, can anyone think of any alternatives to not having those pockets, I put my road atlas and other various junk back there.

Last edited by Major Ho; 02-11-2009 at 02:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Seat Cover Torture Test