Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Say it ain't so!

Old 12-19-2008, 07:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

older jeeps are better. this proves it

how this proves it.... He is clearly standing closer to the JK but definatly looking at the older jeep... just as much proof as what the naysayers are naysaying about.

Last edited by davebloomer; 12-19-2008 at 07:28 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by davebloomer

how this proves it.... He is clearly standing closer to the JK but definatly looking at the older jeep... just as much proof as what the naysayers are naysaying about.
I'd stare at that thing too, but at least I could drive the JK home and not have to trailer it.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

he is trying to figure out what it is. dont you see, its a lawn tractor.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:22 PM
JK Newbie

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by davebloomer

The only thing that is stock about the CJ is the body and Maybe the frame. Cant see the motor but with thoes axles and big meats I doubt it has the straight 6 in it......maybe the 304? But my bet woud be a Chevy 350.

AND CJ's Never came with Rockwell top loader axles.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:28 PM
JK Super Freak

JP Magazine did a very nice review. Google: 2007 jeep jk review to find it.

Quote: JeffD - One of the reviews I read online by a 4x4 magazine (not sure which one, but do some searches on JK reviews) did a very good job of dispelling the "myths" of the new JK in comparison to prior Jeeps.

Bottom line, they concluded that nearly every gripe when compared to the fact was just a prejudice or uninformed comment when the facts were compared on all the models. The final conclusion was that in stock form, the JK (both 2 and 4 door) was superior to prior models in nearly every way....and was cheaper than prior models to boot.

So....I bought a JK larger based on this forum and that article which I thought was well done.

Last edited by Geeper4x4; 12-19-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TINMAN080
I must put in my 2 cents worth- this WranglerJK ( my second Jeep Wrangler) has been 100% reliable in the 22,000 miles I've put on it. I am a 35 year auto repair professional and I can spot an unreliable- trouble prone piece of CRAP and the JK is NOT one of them. Most reliability issues on the Jeeps are directly related to 20-25,000 20 to 30 year olds flogging the hell out of them every weekend. This leads to BREAKAGE, and many vehicle break the same items. Many- a large percentage of these floggers are participants on forums like these which gives a somewhat skewed appearance of reliability. Virtually all the reliability polls I've seen run around 5 % repeated reliability problems, depending on items polled. This is not at all out of line on a low- cost massed-produced vehicle. Hell even Mercedes was running 130 warranty claims per 100 vehicles built, which was higher than Hyundai. A lot of complaints appear to be non-Jeepers seduced by the Jeep lifestyle and having unmet expectations. These comments are not intended to minimize legitimate reliability issues, but we know all companies have them. Anyway, after all this jawboning I mean to say the JK is a darned good vehicle. My nickles' worth....
I couldn't have said it better myself. I had 2 Toyota PU's back when I was young and dumb and beat the crap out of them every weekend. I was surprised that they couldn't survive repeated submarine rides in the Florida swamps and 5000 rpm blasts through the mud pit. Damn, what kind of crap was Toyota selling! Now I know that finesse and proper use of the throttle will get you there and back without the constant repair bills. Of course there are things i don't like about the JK but It ranks at the top of the list of the best Jeeps every built. I've owned: '78 CJ-5, '88 YJ, '91 XJ, '93 XJ, '03 TJ, and '08 JK.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:08 AM
JK Freak

Treat her right and she will return the favor
Old 12-20-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think the biggest gripe is the thin sheet metal, and all the plastic parts that replaced a metal part. Bumpers, grill etc. Again, as mentioned earler this may have to do with crumple zones, crash standards and fuel economy. I have had 1 YJ, 2 TJ's, and 2 JK's. The JK is by far the most liveable in all regards.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Magazine reviews

Just my opinion, but magazine reviews don't hold much water with me, their revenues are based on advertisers ,who for the most part consist of aftermarket jeep products. Why bite the hand that feeds you ? Negative reviews might hurt sales of jeeps and we wouldn't want that now would we. All that being said, I wouldn't trade my JK for any other 4x4 out there.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SaginawMike
Lifetime Drivetain warranty. 'nuff said!
I missed that by 21 days. DAMMIT!................................calm...calm ....ok thats better.

Quick Reply: Say it ain't so!