Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

same hardtop problem?

Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Tripletsi

The diesel particulate filter system. I was in the shop 10 times within 8 months for the same problem. The "blue goo" would lock up my turbo and throw codes left and right. They told me to take off the dpf system to fix it but they would then cancel my warranty if I did, a real catch 22.
Wow that sucks. I love the dodge diesels and Cummins motors, but I couldn't deal with that either
Old 02-06-2013, 11:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine leaks right down on top of my radio. Took the panels off, cleaned and siliconed the seals and it still leaks. Next ime I cleaned and vasolined the seals. No leak yet. I don't remove my top so I good with it.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeep Unlimited
Mine leaks right down on top of my radio. Took the panels off, cleaned and siliconed the seals and it still leaks. Next ime I cleaned and vasolined the seals. No leak yet. I don't remove my top so I good with it.
That's where my problem started. I did all the things you mentioned and persisted. Its been in the shop 3 times. STILL FREAKIN LEAKING. Its going back next weekend and I promise its not coming home till its got a brand new top
Old 02-06-2013, 01:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ms705jk
That's where my problem started. I did all the things you mentioned and persisted. Its been in the shop 3 times. STILL FREAKIN LEAKING. Its going back next weekend and I promise its not coming home till its got a brand new top
Yeah thats bs. I had a small pin prick hole in my soft top, noticed it first time i put it on, took it to dealer. I asked can i get a new one, they had a guy photograph it and take a shot of my mileage then a few days after called me and said that they would get a new one in for me and replace it. I know soft/hard top different but same principle. Maybe try a different dealer if that one wont.

Buy a brand new jeep with a leak and they have nerve to say its a jeep thing. Good on you for controling yourself

Quick Reply: same hardtop problem?