Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

SAHARAs Unite!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '08 Black 2-door 6-speed

Originally Posted by SpudNuts
Wait, did I get ripped off or something...lol

My Sahara didn't have Nav, no remote start, nothing special at all.

The only thing I have that any other JK has is the Premium sound and 18's. Oh and I think the rear is a Dana 44.
X2. And I didn't even know that there was a possibility that I had a Dana 44 in the rear; thanks, SpudNuts! It's damn near impossible to find a manual transmission in ANY vehicle on ANY lot where I'm from, but when I saw my little black 2-door 6-speed, it was love at first sight. I really dug the painted fenders, but I recently replaced them with the Bushwacker pocket flares (unpainted). No complaints (yet). I threw in a couple pix of the new flares. Sorry she's as filthy as a whore on Tuesday, but welcome to winters in PA - I HATE rock salt...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	117788   Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	117790  
Old 01-15-2011, 01:38 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by speed2005

nice! Where did you get dirt on your way home? I must find some place to do the same!
Just some fire lanes/logging roads in south wood county. After a good rain you can find some holes with a couple feet of mud. They have been improving some of them tho since people have been getting stuck when their gps takes them through the area.
Old 01-15-2011, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

I love my sahara, but I still wish I got the Rubi instead...
Old 02-03-2011, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Wonder how long it will take to get here.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Sahara with painted fenders, auto transmission and yes........the hated four doors. Maybe if I took the back doors off, people would not notice it is a four door. I think if everyone will closely examine the off road photos of the Sahara, they will discover Photoshop at work. Oh well, I guess I will get ready for a trip and I think I will take my SAHARA WITH AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND FOUR DOORS, since I can take my wife and another couple, along with all of our luggage. If our route is blocked, I can go off road until we can get back on, or if we head north.....the hell with the snow.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Matador
I bought a Sahara....and never offroad it....they are not very capable!!
:
yeah...gotta agree Sahara's are not very off-road capable...

Old 02-03-2011, 07:23 AM
JK Freak

I haven't noticed hate on Sahara's either but hate on 4 doors and automatics is common. Anyways congrats on finally making a purchase! [/QUOTE]

I almost got a Sahara, but I really didn't want to upgrade stuff later on so my laziness and Chrysler being in the tank at the time, got me to my 09 Rubicon with a great deal. I went with the six speed just because through my glasses I see the jeep as a manual transmission vehicle.....that and now the wife refuses to drive manuals! Score! But as far as four doors, I wouldn't have bought a jeep it it didn't have them. I love the convenience of them and the look.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by speed2005
Many of you may recall my countless treads on should I buy this JK or this one or new Sport vs Sahara vs Rubicon, hard top vs soft top, auto vs manual…I honestly had no idea what I wanted for the longest time.

Since December I have been waiting to see the 70th, and now that I saw the big FAIL they made for a 70th JK, I called my guy at the dealer and he ordered my JK.

I know Sahara’s get a lot of hate on here and especially on other forums, but I don’t care. I wanted the Remote Start, Navigation, and Side Air Bags… all of which are not available on the Sport. I still don’t know if I like the painted fenders or not. I think I do and if I ever get sick of them, I am sure replacements are easily found on the forums Even my salesman, who drives a 08 Rubicon suggested I should get a Sahara instead of Rubicon since there are really not that many places in Ohio to go off road.

JKJP74-WRANGLER UNLIMITED SAHARA 4X4 - 4 DR
Mango Tango with all black interior
4-Spd. Automatic VLP 42RLE Trans
Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags
Freedom Top
Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle
Trailer Tow Group
RHB Media Center 430N CD/DVD/MP3/HDD/NAV
Remote Start System

Hope I like it when it gets here! Thanks for all the help since September!

Wow and congrats!

Sounds a lot like mine except for it's a 2011, mango tango, and black interior. Mine doesn't have the side airbags either. I don't get to use my remote start all that much, but when it's friggin' cold like it is right now (16-20°F) I sure like having it.

I'm willing to bet your gonna love yours as much as I love mine - a lot! Post up some pics when you get it.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Newbie

Default They can hate....

Bring on the Rubi's!!! They all Mod the same.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0469.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	124207   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0395.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	15.7 KB
ID:	124208  
Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 AM
JK Super Freak