Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 01-16-2012, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My jeep by definition of most is a mall crawler. I don't care. Its not like i'm coming out of the closet here, I DRIVE A STOCK SAHARA! Besides, since when is extra trim and luxury something to be ashamed of $$$? I used to drive an F-150 Lariat too. Maybe it wasn't a "real truck" with air conditioned leather seats and power everything? --oh, I almost forgot, the 150 had painted fender flares too!

My jeep doesn't see much off road, but then again, I kind of view my jeep as a swiss army knife. You carry it around all the time and don't need it 95% of the time. BUT, when you need it, you NEED it and nothing will quite replace all of its functions! In stock form, mine does everything I need it to, it just doesn't do everything well. I can go to work, make it through my marsh to feed the turkeys/deer, haul a load of scrap to the recycler, winch/pull some fallen trees off my fence, car wash it and take the old lady to dinner and the opra all in the same day. AND it fits in my garage!
Old 01-16-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It will change, but as of right now my Sahara is most definitely a mall crawler.

-Stock
-I bought it right before Christmas and went to several malls with it in that timeframe
-I work right next to a mall and park in their parking lot every day of the work week.

Really though, I'm fine with that. I'll get out there and let the Jeep enjoy some nature sooner than later. Although I did debadge the Sahara decals, so maybe a part of me isn't fine with it.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:16 AM
JK Newbie

In my own opinion a jk is a jk as long as your not running 24's and low profile tires. The sahara is just a little more aesthetically pleasing. noting really to do with performance at all. Just someone who doesn't mind those creature comforts, also with a little extra spending money.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got a sweet deal On my Sahara. That's why I bought it. I don't care about the extras, It had a lifetime warranty included on it also. WHO CARES!
Old 01-20-2012, 06:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gotta admit, the Rubi does come stand standard with some sick stuff. Elec swaybar discos, Lockers, Dana 44 F and R...
but the more I think about it, the Sahara more met my lifestyle and what I use my jeep for. Pretty much a DD, and wheeling maybe once or twice a month. Call it a mall crawler I guess, but it works for me... So saved a little money, and can still put after market parts in one at a time!
Old 01-20-2012, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

My Sahara flares got so scratched up at the Mall...I had to replace with Rubi flares! Now im ready to take on the Rubicon Trail!

Old 01-22-2012, 05:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uber
no offense to the people who buy the Sport and mod it to the max.... but isn't the Sport MADE for poor college kids or factory workers who can't afford anything better but need to feel they are part of a gang so they can look down on others? ***

problem with all these "no offense" posts is they are deliberately intended to do just that...

***SARCASM btw
Not really I bought my X Unlimited because I want to customize it the way I want to not buy a JK cookie cutter rubicon. I find working on my JK is an escape from the world of headaches and disappointment.
Old 01-23-2012, 12:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

My wife has a 2011 liberty limited. She really likes it, though when she saw the 2012 crush color in person she wants a jk. There happens to be one at our dealer. Later today I might make a deal on it. It's a Sahara and it will be a mall Crawler 98% of the time. I'm OK with that.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Newbie

What happened.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:17 PM
JK Freak

Holy crap!!! Not this again!! Just die thread die!!!

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?