Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-10-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmm......I have a Hard Top, remote starter, power windows, locks, navi etc......but it's a mall crawler!

What was I thinking taking this on the trails!

Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matador
hmmmm......I have a Hard Top, remote starter, power windows, locks, navi etc......but it's a mall crawler!

What was I thinking taking this on the trails!
I see a grass parking lot. Lol!!! You silly Sahara owner, blades of grass under your tires don't constitute a trail. Silly rabbit, Sahara's are for kids. Lol JK, No Offense.... An what not
Old 08-10-2011, 05:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Ok so a fair question to all Sahara owners who actually wheel your rigs: are you still using your colored fenders and beating them up on the trails or are they some sorta black aftermarket ones now? And how about that sexy color-matched hard top? You wheel with that on often?

Bets are they're either in your garage or sold... making your Sahara basically a :gasp: Rubicon or Sport???
Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Ok so a fair question to all Sahara owners who actually wheel your rigs: are you still using your colored fenders and beating them up on the trails or are they some sorta black aftermarket ones now? And how about that sexy color-matched hard top? You wheel with that on often?

Bets are they're either in your garage or sold... making your Sahara basically a :gasp: Rubicon or Sport???
You may not have started the thread as a troll, but you have evolved into quite an a**-troll - And I drive an X
Old 08-10-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

no painted fenders for me......running bushwacker flats.....broke the clips off both front fenders.....whether they were painted or black it would have happened anyways

not a fan of the painted hard top....i run my soft top in summer and hard top goes on for winter....no lockers yet so just have to use skinny pedal a little more and have kept up with the bigger built up rigs.....i think when i get lockers it will be that much easier for me......
Old 08-10-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Newbie

My fenders get torn off about once a month. I keep extra clips in the console to put them back on. My hard top isn't color matched, but I've wheeled with it on plenty of times and now it's hanging in the garage with a very large crack from my wife backing into a tree.

Oh and this is my mall crawler

Click image for larger version

Name:	146.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	193982Click image for larger version

Name:	017.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	98.9 KB
ID:	193983Click image for larger version

Name:	055.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	193984
Old 08-10-2011, 06:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wheel with my painted fenders - not painted black or aftermarket ones. I like my color matching ones. Can always do touch-up paint. At some point I suppose they will get to a point beyond repair and I'll have to replace them (same as black ones! ) My hardtop never matched? It's a greyish color. I wheel with or without it depending on the time of year.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by samedice
Mine are still color matched. It maintains the Sahara look

That's one nasty mall luv it
Old 08-10-2011, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Got me a mudder
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2454125297.jpg