Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm reading through, mostly laughing and notice the banner add an nearly bust a gut "Not for mall crawlers" jeepswag.com
Old 08-02-2011, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
To be honest the responses just cracked me up! Haven't laughed so hard in a long time Boy, people just Hate being called Mall-Crawlers

I wonder what would happen with a thread called "JK Sport = broke ass college kids" or "Rubicons = rich posers"??? (someone else can start that, I'm all flamed out )
I love how one opinion can stir up so much hate. If a poll was conducted nationally im sure most of the jk oweners, rubicon, sahara, and sport would be considered "mall crawler" or posers. People are so brand or model soecific and defend that what they have is the best and willl argue to death.
Bet you start a thread saying harley davidson motorcylces are the coolest in the road, youd have people riding bmws, goldwings, and sport bikes chewing your ass.
Or saying the 2011 camaro looks better than a 2011 mustang or even a 67 camaro. Youd have people set to pick apart your opinion. Its all really childish of all of us to be doing this.
So I propose that instead of arguing on the forum, that if youre really that upset, that you can pm me and well exchange info to meet up so you could punch me in the face. Just remember i punch back
Old 08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMJK2007
I'm just slightly curious on why it's such a bad thing? Pulling in people who wouldn't have considered a Jeep before?
Because there is a fear from a lot of people that this will lead to a continued dilution of the Wrangler as a hard-core off-road vehicle. Chrysler and Jeep are corporations with the only goal being to make as much money as possible. Chrysler wouldn't hesitate one moment to slap an IFS and a fixed top on the next-gen Wrangler if market analysis and consumer surveys told them it would be more profitable to do so.

There are a ton of old school Jeepers that won't buy a JK either because of all the plastic or the 4doors or the heated leather seats etc, not because of the capability. Same thing happened with the VROD and Harley. The VROD was way more capable than any wide-glide could ever hope to be, but they got labeled as the "girls harley" because it broke too hard from tradition.

Last edited by 181; 08-02-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny. Here in the UK the designations are not the same as the US it seems. Mine is a Sahara (07) and has all the correct options etc.. yet it's also got the Sport decal on the side. I guess our CRD models don't match up to your US ones. Only the Rubi seems the same, maybe because that's only sold with the V6?
Old 08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

If the OP's statement is true then why are 95% of the Wranglers I seen in downtown Chicago everyday Rubicons? Weird!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Newbie

Mall Crawlers need love too!

I just picked up this 70th Anniversary edition last Friday, it sits in the garage 99% of the time. I bought it just for my weekend trips to the beach other than that I drive my new Tundra Crewmax.

I think the OP is just a tad bit jealous! Why else would anyone really care what sort of Jeep someone drives?

I

Old 08-02-2011, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Langhorne
I'm reading through, mostly laughing and notice the banner add an nearly bust a gut "Not for mall crawlers" jeepswag.com
Now that is some good advertising on their part!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 181
Because there is a fear from a lot of people that this will lead to a continued dilution of the Wrangler as a hard-core off-road vehicle. Chrysler and Jeep are corporations with the only goal being to make as much money as possible. Chrysler wouldn't hesitate one moment to slap an IFS and a fixed top on the next-gen Wrangler if market analysis and consumer surveys told them it would be more profitable to do so.

There are a ton of old school Jeepers that won't buy a JK either because of all the plastic or the 4doors or the heated leather seats etc, not because of the capability. Same thing happened with the VROD and Harley. The VROD was way more capable than any wide-glide could ever hope to be, but they got labeled as the "girls harley" because it broke too hard from tradition.
True, but if not enough people were buying them, they'd stop making them.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TMJK2007
True, but if not enough people were buying them, they'd stop making them.
The Wrangler/CJ has gotten by ok for ohh about 70 years with out models like this...

The irony of that being the 70th anniversary edition is exceptional
Old 08-02-2011, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

ooh...the irony

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?