Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 01-26-2012, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who FUCKING cares?! Really?! ChryslerChris, we may have Jeeps in common and that is exactly where it begins and ends. You sir are a first class %@!&.

What a narrow minded, short sighted, self righteous, ignorant, inconsiderate, negative, blah blah blah.

I haven't been on this forum for quite some because of this exact kind of commentary. So what happens? I recently began logging back in, I check out "what's new" and find this. Unreal.

Ask yourself one question before posting, "Am I adding value to this forum?" if yes, then post, if not, then plead the 5th.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CdnJeepDan
Man, I wish this thread and all the "Jeep wave is dead" threads would just die.

Then let me post to it. I seem to be quite the thread killer.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since this is back to the top... I am going to chime in that a lot of people buy the Jeep not ever planning to go off-road but then once they meet up with local clubs or get on this forum they take it off road. I am not going to knock anyone who buys a Jeep not realizing what he is going to use it for and anytime I meet someone with a Jeep I will encourage him to come hit the trails with me.

Sometimes you don't pick the jeep... the jeep picks you.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hypeiv
since this is back to the top... I am going to chime in that a lot of people buy the Jeep not ever planning to go off-road but then once they meet up with local clubs or get on this forum they take it off road. I am not going to knock anyone who buys a Jeep not realizing what he is going to use it for and anytime I meet someone with a Jeep I will encourage him to come hit the trails with me.

Sometimes you don't pick the jeep... the jeep picks you.
First off, Noooooo! I was trying to kill the thread.

Second, I couldn't agree more. I'm on my second jeep and both of them picked me. My first jeep was a 1995 Rio Grande, with a pitiful 4 cyl engine. In those days the Sahara was the cats ass. But we made do with what we had and had fun doing it. Now I have a 2011 CoD that is light years from the old YJ. But now priorities in my life have changed. The current Jeep is my DD and I can't afford (in time, not money) to have it out of commission. I'm purposely building it to be a "mall cruiser" because that's what's important to me right now.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought a '12 JKU Sahara. I'll be honest, I'LL NEVER take into the deep muddy trenches. It'll never see trails covered with woods. I'm sure it'll never rock crawl. Does that make me a douche or a poser??? Well, I guess since you guys don't know me, then you'll just have to form your own opinion of what "you think" you know about me. Which it seems a few members on here are SO VERY GOOD AT.

But I'll tell ya this. We've been a 3-Mopar family for over 5 years now, all of which are big Hemi SRTs. I sold my third SRT (300) to buy this JKU. I wave at every Jeeper I see. I know what it means to belong to a culture. To belong to a family. I bought this Jeep to grow in my understanding of this particular lifestyle, because I respect it and envy it so much and desire to be a part of it. I love the ride height, I love the mods I can do to it, I love the "go anywhere" capability, I love the removable roof. And I wanted to have a "get shit done" kind of vehicle, and it had to be Mopar. Can't wait to learn more about it, and eager to do more to it.

But when dipshits wanna run around and call me a "poser" or a "fag" because I like my Jeep shiny instead of muddy, I have no respect for you. Just because my taste is different than yours doesn't make you right, ya dumbass. I suppose because mine is the color red, that makes your silver one better too???? It's kinda funny, cuz I've never seen a culture that is supposed to be so "laid back and cool" as the Jeep crowd, yet contain so many judgemental pricks as well. You do realize that when you judge other Jeep owners like this, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT'S VAIN, right, lol???

Anyway, what do I know?? I'm just a new Sahara drivin' loser..........

Old 01-26-2012, 11:03 PM
JK Newbie

Come look at the trail rash on my painted fenders, I did not get the chrome but if I did it would not stop me, last time I checked painted and chrome parts did not give a jeep more or less traction,...it's like arguing on what color shotgun you have..camo or blued steel barrel? Either way it will kill the hell out of a turkey...damfs..
Old 01-27-2012, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Doesn't look like a mall crawler to me.

Old 01-27-2012, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Country
Come look at the trail rash on my painted fenders, I did not get the chrome but if I did it would not stop me, last time I checked painted and chrome parts did not give a jeep more or less traction,...it's like arguing on what color shotgun you have..camo or blued steel barrel? Either way it will kill the hell out of a turkey...damfs..

"last time I checked painted and chrome parts did not give a jeep more or less traction,..."

Get em!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SRTLUVR
I just bought a '12 JKU Sahara. I'll be honest, I'LL NEVER take into the deep muddy trenches. It'll never see trails covered with woods. I'm sure it'll never rock crawl. Does that make me a douche or a poser??? Well, I guess since you guys don't know me, then you'll just have to form your own opinion of what "you think" you know about me. Which it seems a few members on here are SO VERY GOOD AT.

But I'll tell ya this. We've been a 3-Mopar family for over 5 years now, all of which are big Hemi SRTs. I sold my third SRT (300) to buy this JKU. I wave at every Jeeper I see. I know what it means to belong to a culture. To belong to a family. I bought this Jeep to grow in my understanding of this particular lifestyle, because I respect it and envy it so much and desire to be a part of it. I love the ride height, I love the mods I can do to it, I love the "go anywhere" capability, I love the removable roof. And I wanted to have a "get shit done" kind of vehicle, and it had to be Mopar. Can't wait to learn more about it, and eager to do more to it.

But when dipshits wanna run around and call me a "poser" or a "fag" because I like my Jeep shiny instead of muddy, I have no respect for you. Just because my taste is different than yours doesn't make you right, ya dumbass.

WAAAAAHA HA HAH AHA HA!!!
Old 01-27-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by SRTLUVR

But when dipshits wanna run around and call me a "poser" or a "fag" because I like my Jeep shiny instead of muddy, I have no respect for you. Just because my taste is different than yours doesn't make you right, ya dumbass. I suppose because mine is the color red, that makes your silver one better too???? It's kinda funny, cuz I've never seen a culture that is supposed to be so "laid back and cool" as the Jeep crowd, yet contain so many judgemental pricks as well. You do realize that when you judge other Jeep owners like this, YOU ARE THE ONE THAT'S VAIN, right, lol???

Anyway, what do I know?? I'm just a new Sahara drivin' loser..........

Check your shorts! I think a diamond fell out!!! Lol (uptight much?)

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?