Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-02-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive a Sahara, stock, and wheel on light trails. Bottom line proud as hell to drive a Jeep, I love them all regardless of model, trim, color....
Old 08-02-2011, 04:35 AM
JK Freak

Wow...guess you got you were looking for by posting such a contentious thread.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bonedoc
Does this look like a chrome bumpered mall crawler to you?

What's up with that? So all of a sudden we are hating Saharas. I'm tired of hearing that the only good wranglers are Rubicons...blah..blah...blah. Bottomline they are all wranglers...just some different bells and whistles.

We all buy what we like, or can afford. Then we make it our own. That is the beauty of a Jeep. They are an extension of our personality, like all of us they are similar but unique and different.

Not to mention I've seen plenty of Saharas and X/sport that would go anywhere any Rubicon could and more, again, depending on how it is built and the driver of course.
Ummm, I see some chrome on the very top of the grill

Well said though
Old 08-02-2011, 04:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Just thought I'd share my Mall Crawler

And my not getting into Jeep culture

Old 08-02-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webejeepin
I drive a Sahara, stock, and wheel on light trails. Bottom line proud as hell to drive a Jeep, I love them all regardless of model, trim, color....
I also drive a stock Sahara. Got caught in a rain storm yesterday with the top and doors off. Got soaked had to pull the plugs to drain it. It really didn't bother me at all. I would love to to some mods some day but just don't have the money for that right now. I don't see how because some of use don't put a ton of money into mods we are no longer in the "cool" crowd with some that do. A Jeep is a Jeep, Stock or completely mod, doesn't matter. why do you hate on a stock Sahara so much? What about other models, TJ, YJ? Is a JKU Rubi the only Jeep a person can own. Get over your self....
Old 08-02-2011, 04:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I better not see any of you modded Jeeps at my mall!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? :
Who's got the coolest soccer Mom, the Mom with the CRV? The Expedition? The Tahoe? I think the Mom with the Jeep is the coolest.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by uber
no offense to the people who buy the Sport and mod it to the max.... but isn't the Sport MADE for poor college kids or factory workers who can't afford anything better but need to feel they are part of a gang so they can look down on others?

problem with all these "no offense" posts is they are deliberately intended to do just that...
ha ha ha ha ha ha ......

No offense.....
Old 08-02-2011, 05:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsears
I got the point just fine. I just wanted to post pictures of the Jeep!
Now there's a Jeeper! Good on ya!
Old 08-02-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same BS I deal with will all the retards that say race cars cannot look good either. People seem to think it is always Form vs Function and fail to realize that some people desire both. What is wrong with having a properly painted race car whose bumpers are not held on with zip ties or having a nicely painted jeep to romp through mud?

Basically it comes down to the fact that those who cannot have, simply hate on those who can.

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?