Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-19-2011, 06:02 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EarlyJk
Lol.... It can be called "Pretty Fender Parking" I heard Sahara owners of the male species have to cut off a nut to become more woman like in order to purchase one. Its only a rumor for now, maybe some of the Sahara ladies can shed some light on this.
I still have both of mine.

They are in the jar on my wifes dresser.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:03 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmont
Some malls have green vehicle parking for hybrid vehicles next to the handicap spots. I think all the sahara owners should unite and petition for special parking spots at the mall. SAHARA PARKING ONLY.
Well, I am handicapped and i drive a Sahara, so i guess i'll just park inside.
Old 08-19-2011, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

Haha. This thread is entertaining. Kinda like jerry springer you just can't help but look...I keep telling myself I'm done with it and hope it disappears...but then there it is again and I can't help it....
I honestly unintentionally bumped this thread back to life two days ago with a mis-post and have done nothing since to incite any discussion. And boom. Three more pages were added. Like I said before, this monster has a life of it's own! Either that or people just love name calling and arguing with each other
Old 08-19-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Stop+the+Madness+award.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	199052

What else needs to be said?
Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

I still have both of mine.

They are in the jar on my wifes dresser.
Nice!!!! My ex wife made off with mine, got an APB out on that crazy bitch.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure someone may have added this already, but:
  • all jeeps had painted fenders going back to...well since the very first ones.
  • more jeeps were supplied with 15" and 16" rims thru the years, so 17" rims would be bling as much as 18" rims.
  • painted hard tops have been around a very long time since the first ones were metallic.
  • If you don't have dark green, you're at risk of being prissy with Boutique colors like Detonator Yellow, Rescue Green let alone Mango Tango!
  • I'm thinking the first seats may well have been leather, eventually replaced with vinyl at some point.

Snubbing a Sahara is not very reasonable. Snub a H3 or FJ instead. It makes more sense.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Super Freak

Ok I can't resist - was laughing too hard reading the replies that I had to write something about this.

To not offend the many Sahara owners out there anymore, Chrysler should come up with the "Mallhara" "top-of-the-line" model, retailing at around $40,000 to be more in tune with the Cadillac and Hummer prices out there.

In stock form it will have:
  • a "Mall Rated" badge instead of "Trail Rated"
  • Chrome 20's with very small sidewalls
  • Lowered 1 inch
  • Tinted windows
  • Chrome grill, chrome handles, chrome filler cap, chrome mirrors .... phew almost didn't make it through that one
  • Wicked sound system with phat bass
  • Matching everything
  • Power everything
  • Built in bluetooth so that you don't have to drop them shopping bags while talking on the phone
  • Key fob
  • Leather or velour seats
  • Non-removable/permanently attached carpets with extra sound deadening stuff underneath
  • 2wd
  • Latte machine built in
  • ATM machine built in - local dealership loads up wads of $20 from your bank account every week, free of charge
  • "Mall assist" button that will help you find the closest parking spot (without having to jump curbs or offroad of course)

That way, Sahara owners will be happy because us X/Sport/Rubi owners won't make fun of you anymore, and Mallhara owners can go all bling, and shopping and not get dirty and all the other stuff mall-crawlers do.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmont
Some malls have green vehicle parking for hybrid vehicles next to the handicap spots. I think all the sahara owners should unite and petition for special parking spots at the mall. SAHARA PARKING ONLY.
And I hope your joking
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2185682819.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	199134  

Last edited by SilverJK12; 08-19-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Funny thing is around here Rubi's are the mall crawlers, 90% of them have hard tops on, and (rich b!tch)women driving them.

I've seen more 4 door sahara's with rims/tires/(some lifted)/doors off then I have 2dr or 4dr rubi's.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by desync0
Funny thing is around here Rubi's are the mall crawlers, 90% of them have hard tops on, and (rich b!tch)women driving them.

I've seen more 4 door sahara's with rims/tires/(some lifted)/doors off then I have 2dr or 4dr rubi's.
Oh dear god, not a hard top on a rubi??? Oh wait I have a hard top on mine!! Lol and it has scratches on it too

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?