Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-09-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this thread is still alive...haha
Old 08-09-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jk.bushwacker
i basicly got a military discount and employee pricing that allowed me to get a sahara with all the trimmings for less than a bare stock X.
Wait.... What?? How does this make any sense? The base price of a stock X is by default LESS than a stock Sahara, let alone a optioned out one. Employee/military/government/circus clown pricing or not, shouldn't Saharas always cost MORE than a Sport/X?
Old 08-09-2011, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris

*This is me going into my broken record mode*

"I don't hate Saharas. I just think they were made for the mass-market crowd. Nothing wrong with that. If you bought a Sahara but offroad with it or if you're into the Jeep culture, you're cool. I have a slight issue with "mass-market Jeepers" who buy them as alternatives for Honda Pilots or CRV's but that's something I am slowly learning to live with."

Questions or comments??
Lol if you felt to each his own than what was the point of this thread? You have contradicted yourself again. Well hey at least your post count is getting high.....
Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
Lol if you felt to each his own than what was the point of this thread? You have contradicted yourself again. Well hey at least your post count is getting high.....
Hence the "I am slowly learning to live with it" part...
Old 08-09-2011, 12:23 PM
JK Freak

guess you're not very good at making friends or deals
haha I hear ya, I got my JKU Rubicon for cheaper than some of the Sport models they had on the lot.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Super Freak

hey i got one more Q 4 ya... if YOUR X is waaaaaaay more Bad Ass than all our whimpy soccor mom saharas, then why does ur jeep avatar pic look like its in a metro park parking lot and is sooo shinny clean? instead of all this needless posturing u should get a life/girlfriend/dog/cat something else to utilize ur time
Mine's a DD. It's not more badass that anyone's to be honest with ya - never ever said it was. Not in a single post. I've a fairly modest build that's more for the road than offroading, and yes I spend 95% of the time onroad like most human beings and go play offroad once or twice a week.

So back atcha - why are YOU acting like some badass anyway? Being in a Sahara and all (just kidding, you gotta learn my sense of humor here)
Old 08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
JK Super Freak

we'll buddy mine is my DD too, i have 82k miles and counting. I spend 70% onroad the other 30% off having fun and making friends. u may not have so much as said it but u implied that saharas are not quite jeeps, to say the least. so are u bashing or not? what are u doing? guess some ppl like turmoil and in answer 2 ur question i'm only finishing what YOU started and YES its no act buddy, i am a bad ass with or without my jeep. i have all the scars and war storries to prove it but who cares? hopefully u dont piss off the wrong guy up here, he may not be so tollerable of such stereotyping there cant b that many yellow Xs in Detroit
Oh so that's why all the Saharas I pass keep flipping me off......

But hey. I truly salute you for having served our country. We can drive our JK's, speak freely and make fun of each other because of brave men and women like yourself

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 08-10-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 08-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

My favorite quote on scarface " say hello to the bad guy"
Old 08-10-2011, 04:44 AM
JK Freak

okay so its settled then...

Saharas = BAD ASS!!!

Go Red White and Blue!
Except HT Saharas = Wanted car but saw Jeep with mobile home cover an bought. Lol
Old 08-10-2011, 05:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't care what is said about mine.

I bought the jeep at a jeep dealership that was being forced to close a couple of years ago by Detroit. It was a new 2008, when 2010's were 3 months away from release.

$23,500 w/lifetime powertrain...sticker was 33,000. It is my DD, so this was a no brainer for me. Once it is paid off (1 mote year) it will be a 3rd vehicle. The fun will begin then!

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?