Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-04-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkwheelin
Yes they are, just to hot at the moment to be up there,in a couple of weeks I will get back out on the trails
It was hotter than balls out there when we was there, July 22, 23, 24 and 25th. I really want to come back in the spring for EJS. It is amazing out there and such a awesome town.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

What cracks me up is people giving Sahara owners crap when you see guys out there with Rubicons built all up and they have their tires armor-all'd heavy enough you can see your reflection in it.

I personally think ALL jeeps are bad ass, no matter how they are built. You need to look back at the reason they was built for and everything that they have accomplished over the years, from winning wars, to offroad racing to taking my kids to get ice cream. It doesnt matter if its a King of the Hammers rig, or a DD mall crawler, each jeep out there has a purpose and I will wave to everyone that I see with out judging. We all bought them for the same reason, to ENJOY them; no matter where or what we drive on, over or through.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i took my rubicon to the real mall once..... worst day of my life....
Old 08-04-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
x3. It was fun guys and gals, but this was more than I intended this thread to be. What started as a random thought ended up sparking major controversy and egos bruised (especially Sahara owners. Ok maybe Sport owners too for being called poor ass college kids). Remember that at the end, we're all Jeepers and you're all well loved

Just another Jeeper bashing on other Jeepers!!! I live and work near a more uppity area, and see more stay at home soccer moms driving Rubicons, than Sahara's just an observation. Mostly becasue they buy the higher end models, thinking that they are the best model for them. I love all REAL JEEPs and have nothing againts not so real Jeeps, if I have a chance, I try to convert them to REAL JEEPs.

Thanks for being an jackass ChryslerChris. Do you have any pics to prove your JEEP has been off roading? my proof is below.

This is a Sahara under all the mud.

Last edited by muddenjeep; 08-04-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by muddenjeep

Thanks for being an jackass ChryslerChris. Do you have any pics to prove your JEEP has been off roading? my proof is below.

This is a Sahara under all the mud.
Ummm you're welcome?

Don't look now but sounds like you're judging too?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Freak

Wink

Originally Posted by bsharp704
What cracks me up is people giving Sahara owners crap when you see guys out there with Rubicons built all up and they have their tires armor-all'd heavy enough you can see your reflection in it.

I personally think ALL jeeps are bad ass, no matter how they are built. You need to look back at the reason they was built for and everything that they have accomplished over the years, from winning wars, to offroad racing to taking my kids to get ice cream. It doesnt matter if its a King of the Hammers rig, or a DD mall crawler, each jeep out there has a purpose and I will wave to everyone that I see with out judging. We all bought them for the same reason, to ENJOY them; no matter where or what we drive on, over or through.
Ditto also...I'm not a poor college kid, but I will offroad my sport until the wheels fall off. Jeep on everybody
Old 08-04-2011, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

This is a Sahara under all the mud.[/QUOTE]

Don't have mud like that where I live. Just wondering... how long does it take to get all that mud cleaned up?
Old 08-04-2011, 10:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, I opened this thread because of the title, thought it looked interesting and almost fell off my chair when I saw it was up to 23 pages already!

I own a Sahara because I liked the features that came with it, I am modding it as I can afford and enjoy taking on the trails as I can make time. A TF BB and 35's are next on my list.

While personally I may not buy the matching painted top or the factory chrome goodies - I don't think it will stop someone from making the Jeep their own - mods or no mods.

BTW - no offence intended
Old 08-04-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JKSLEEPR
Wow, I opened this thread because of the title, thought it looked interesting and almost fell off my chair when I saw it was up to 23 pages already!

I own a Sahara because I liked the features that came with it, I am modding it as I can afford and enjoy taking on the trails as I can make time. A TF BB and 35's are next on my list.

While personally I may not buy the matching painted top or the factory chrome goodies - I don't think it will stop someone from making the Jeep their own - mods or no mods.

BTW - no offence intended
This monster has a life of it's own.

Most people don't get that I asked "Saharas = Mall Crawlers?" not "Your Sahara = Mall Crawler!". There was no "Your", and no exclamation mark. It was a question. And I was questioning the intention of the Sahara model as a mass-market model. But of course everyone takes things too seriously and personally and starts a flaming session
Old 08-04-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by bsharp704
The ones with the snow and mountains was in South Lake Tahoe this July, Deer Valley Trail and the Rubicon. The pics with all the Red Rock is Moab this July on our way home from Tahoe.
Very nice bro. Very nice. Mucho respect!

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?