Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-03-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My olive branch...

Peace to all

(now I'm gonna get flamed by Rubi owners )
Old 08-03-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
My olive branch...

Peace to all

(now I'm gonna get flamed by Rubi owners )
Lift it, maybe some aftermarket wheels in Argent or black color and that JK is going to look even better.

ChryslerChris, if you were an unkown in this forum before this thread, you are definitely known now my brother
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Lift it, maybe some aftermarket wheels in Argent or black color and that JK is going to look even better.

ChryslerChris, if you were an unkown in this forum before this thread, you are definitely known now my brother
Haha! They're grumbling my name with "troll" somewhere in the middle, I bet

Why can't we just all get along??
Old 08-03-2011, 10:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well asking that is like throwing a punch and then complaining when someone punches back
Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Dude, you weren't the first to stir the pot and certainly will not be the last. Just check out the "religion themed" threads or there was one poll or something about legalizing pot smoking, another about politics, etc. It's going to happen because this isn't TV or upclose and personal face to face stuff. Things are taken out of context all the time on the internet.......thats why some smart person invented the emoticons. They help make up for that lack of real time effect! At least you held your ground and did not disappear into oblivion like some.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa. Panties in a bunch alert.

I wasn't judging you, that's the point. I'm not against Saharas. I actually think they're awesome because they keep the Jeep brand alive by bringing in the non-traditional Jeep owner. The non-traditional Jeep owner is the one I have an issue with. They're a little clueless. But a necessary evil.
So you're the 'traditional' Jeep driver? OOOOKKKK.... I've driven Jeeps for over 20 years, from CJs to TJs and now JKs. Have driven them in nearly 40 countries all round the world, on road and off, many of which would never have even heard of a mall let alone a soccer mom. I currently drive a modded Sahara...

The problem this world all to often suffers from is people like yourself who pre-judge others based upon nothing but your narrow-minded pre-conceptions. My JK is reasonably modded to do what I currently need it to do. That includes lift, winch, snorkel, safari rack being made as I type, muds, onboard air and a 100 other mods which I'll not bother you with. I work in finance at present and my Jeep is my daily driver, much to the annoyance of my colleagues who fought me tooth and nail to get a company BMW or Merc... and lost..

But I wonder how many people like you pass me each day, see me wearing a suit and tie and driving a super clean/polished modded Jeep, on my way to a client, and immediately throw me into the same kind of bracket you would?

Here's an idea. Go drive ya Jeep and get some friends. It'll stop you sitting in your room worrying about 'non-traditional' Jeep drivers that you may or may not have seen down the mall. ;-)
Old 08-03-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by wrangler07
So you're the 'traditional' Jeep driver? OOOOKKKK.... I've driven Jeeps for over 20 years, from CJs to TJs and now JKs. Have driven them in nearly 40 countries all round the world, on road and off, many of which would never have even heard of a mall let alone a soccer mom. I currently drive a modded Sahara...

The problem this world all to often suffers from is people like yourself who pre-judge others based upon nothing but your narrow-minded pre-conceptions. My JK is reasonably modded to do what I currently need it to do. That includes lift, winch, snorkel, safari rack being made as I type, muds, onboard air and a 100 other mods which I'll not bother you with. I work in finance at present and my Jeep is my daily driver, much to the annoyance of my colleagues who fought me tooth and nail to get a company BMW or Merc... and lost..

But I wonder how many people like you pass me each day, see me wearing a suit and tie and driving a super clean/polished modded Jeep, on my way to a client, and immediately throw me into the same kind of bracket you would?

Here's an idea. Go drive ya Jeep and get some friends. It'll stop you sitting in your room worrying about 'non-traditional' Jeep drivers that you may or may not have seen down the mall. ;-)
*groan* here we go again!
Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Stop feeding the troll.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:53 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, it's a good debate for many, I think. As the Sex Pistols said: 'don't judge a book just by it's cover, lest you cover just another..' :-)

BTW, on iPhone Tapatalk so emoticons won't work for me..;-)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TMJK2007
Well it is cooler than a Honda Pilot. I say buy up! By the way, if that was the original statement you were going for you could have probably said "Anyone else irritated by the non-offroad crowd?" rather than labeling one Jeep this or that.

It's our job as Jeep owners to educate other Jeep owners in the wave and all fun things that go along with a Jeep.

You are also obviously sensitive by the fact you feel your are judged by your dirty Jeep. Probably shouldn't have gotten a JK because most people driving TJ and older are judging you for it. (Like my husband does me )

Next time you see someone with doors and top on, ask them when the last time they've taken them off. If they haven't, suggest they try it and see how fun it is!

All about spreading the word and love!

Embrace them....Educate them!!! Teach them what it is about...you may create a monster.

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?