Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-03-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08HokieJK
Haha dude you had to know you were gonna take heat saying this. I drive an X two door with on AC and the color as options. I don't even have a center console. And I love it and do believe that is the way Jeeps WERE. But... we aren't in TJs anymore. The new JK brought 4 doors which is already a shift away from the old norm. So why not make it a little more enjoyable to ride in and more pleasing to the eyes. Like I said I love my 2dr X and wouldn't trade it for the world. But if I wasn't the sterotypical college kid who just wanted to be a part of the crowd early... I would love to have waited and saved up and got a 4 door Sahara.
Yeah, I know right? People are so SENSITIVE! Holy smokes. And I wasn't even targetting this post at any forum owner (you know, the "no offense" part). I was targetting this at Jeep owners who buy Jeeps because they think it looks cooler than an Honda Pilot . They're clueless. They don't wave, they scowl at my dirty/muddy JK, they think I'm crazy for removing my doors, think my mods are over the top... I mean jeez oh pete. Talk about being judged...

I think people just like to flame other people for the fun of it. Hey I'll take it. Some of the comments here are actually among the funniest I've read in a long time
Old 08-03-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
I was targetting this at Jeep owners who buy Jeeps because they think it looks cooler than an Honda Pilot . They're clueless. They don't wave, they scowl at my dirty/muddy JK, they think I'm crazy for removing my doors, think my mods are over the top...
Don't forget that they refer to their Jeep as their "car". I guess they hate kittens.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I was targetting this at Jeep owners who buy Jeeps because they think it looks cooler than an Honda Pilot . They're clueless.
They must know something...Right I know, it is cooler than a Honda Pilot. Guess thats why they bought the Jeep over the Honda.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

So I'm a non traditional jeep owner because my jeep has painted fenders? That's it!! I'm selling my fenders and getting some black ones so I can be a normal jeep owner and maybe even take it off road because the painted fenders aren't acceptable to the off road crowd...Haha
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm not against Saharas. I actually think they're awesome because they keep the Jeep brand alive by bringing in the non-traditional Jeep owner. :
Well, I guess I'm non traditional. I've owned three wranglers including a '92 Sahara and an 06 Unlimited. Also have owned two Grand Cherokees. All of them were/are non-stock and get used off road. I'm planning on buying a 2012 silver sahara with a painted top. I guess I'm just a mall crawling soccer mom who doesn't "get it".

The OP is a douche and a troll.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260
So I'm a non traditional jeep owner because my jeep has painted fenders? That's it!! I'm selling my fenders and getting some black ones so I can be a normal jeep owner and maybe even take it off road because the painted fenders aren't acceptable to the off road crowd...Haha
What color are your fenders? I could use a set of painted fenders for my RubiMallSoccerMomCrawler
Old 08-03-2011, 08:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by newbiejeeper

What color are your fenders? I could use a set of painted fenders for my RubiMallSoccerMomCrawler
They are jeep green metallic. And no worries...since my jeep only makes trips to the grocery store, they are in perfect shape!
Old 08-03-2011, 08:24 AM
JK Super Freak

I think I understand what the OP was all about now. No hard feelings from me. One of my co-workers just bought a 2011 Sahara, colour-matched hard top. She is literally a soccer-mom, so it will be up to me to educate her in the ways of Jeep, starting with the WAVE. It will be fun helping her take her top off .
Old 08-03-2011, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Gravy Jones

Well, I guess I'm non traditional. I've owned three wranglers including a '92 Sahara and an 06 Unlimited. Also have owned two Grand Cherokees. All of them were/are non-stock and get used off road. I'm planning on buying a 2012 silver sahara with a painted top. I guess I'm just a mall crawling soccer mom who doesn't "get it".

The OP is a douche and a troll.
"bless your heart"
Old 08-03-2011, 08:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I know right? People are so SENSITIVE! Holy smokes. And I wasn't even targetting this post at any forum owner (you know, the "no offense" part). I was targetting this at Jeep owners who buy Jeeps because they think it looks cooler than an Honda Pilot . They're clueless. They don't wave, they scowl at my dirty/muddy JK, they think I'm crazy for removing my doors, think my mods are over the top... I mean jeez oh pete. Talk about being judged...

I think people just like to flame other people for the fun of it. Hey I'll take it. Some of the comments here are actually among the funniest I've read in a long time
Well it is cooler than a Honda Pilot. I say buy up! By the way, if that was the original statement you were going for you could have probably said "Anyone else irritated by the non-offroad crowd?" rather than labeling one Jeep this or that.

It's our job as Jeep owners to educate other Jeep owners in the wave and all fun things that go along with a Jeep.

You are also obviously sensitive by the fact you feel your are judged by your dirty Jeep. Probably shouldn't have gotten a JK because most people driving TJ and older are judging you for it. (Like my husband does me )

Next time you see someone with doors and top on, ask them when the last time they've taken them off. If they haven't, suggest they try it and see how fun it is!

All about spreading the word and love!

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?