Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Saharas = Mall Crawlers?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my Sahara, leather seats, mygig, 18" wheels, color matched fenders, remote start, the whole works. It's not what I when in for when I bought it, it was the last of 4 2010's left so I got a great deal. It took me a bit to warm up to my khaki hard top, but with the stone white it looks badass plus if I get tired of it I can bedline it and yes I did remove the silver bumper bling...don't like it. Getting ready to level it out, upgrade tires, and go with some new wheels.

Personally I could give two shits to what anyone thinks about Sahara's, Rubi's, etc. They are all Jeep's and to single any one of them out makes you the elitist prick. It's the people behind the wheel that make the Wrangler what it is...some people just don't get it and I understand that. There are 2 JK's in my parking lot now. One of them is a Rubicon Unlimited owned by a guy I work with that has never had the top off and he bought it new in 08, that thing will never see dirt, him I give shit to all day long. The other a 2 door Sahara owned by a guy that just bought his and he was asking me about my netting and how to remove the doors just this morning. I'm going to help this guy out and direct him to this forum..he get's it. Here in Overland Park Kansas I see more soccer mom's in Rubi's than Sahara's. Anyway...I will agree that Sahara's more often than not attract a different kind of buyer, it's what that buyer does with it that truly makes it a Wrangler vs. a grocery getter.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

All of you just stop it, or I will turn this car around!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Pretty sure the only thing unique to the Sahara are painted flares. A jeep is a jeep.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 181
So by your own admission your post was "witty"...hmm. Also making direct link between a persons intelligence and location is the highest form of stupidity, so your spanning the whole range of human intelligence in just a couple of posts, Congrats. At any rate I wasn't the one confused. And yes in my opinion the 70th anniversary JK's do look like H2s. Why does that offend you. You bought the thing, not me. I don't care what you spend money on. Now I don't understand why you would pay the price premium to have leather, painted everything, and wheels and tires from a minivan on a distinctly off-road vehicle. Maybe you like the color? I don't actually care. Anyways, yay Ontario! Happy now?

Your opinion doesn't offend me, neither does the OP's... I just wish you would treat your opinion like your penis....you wouldn't think of forcing that down everyone's throat would you?
Old 08-02-2011, 09:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by F16Deuce
I think the Sahara's are pretty nice. If I were to get one it would be for the leather, I think that's a great option. The 18 inch wheels are starting to grow on me. I think I'm going to buy the Sport though with the upgraded Infinity system, hard top, trailer tow, tinted windows, limited slip, and 23S package. That way I get the options I want and pay less than I would for a Sahara. I'm planning on getting Rubi rock rail takeoffs. To each their own.
My sahara does not have leather.... It's an 09. I think ppl need to understand what a sahara is vs rubi vs sport, x whatever before making a stupid thread. And if like most of us .... We do the mechanical upgrade aspects like d30 upgrades in a sahara or x to prorock to lockers etc makes the sahara no more than a sticker. So understand that just because it has paint on fenders doesn't mean it can't pull you out when your other non sahara gets stuck lol. I will just say, I am a mall crawler sorry can't pull you out.

Brings me to another point. How about ppl on this thread come meet me and we will take our jeeps and see who can go through what trails! I mean, I got a sahara ! What you got to worry about!?!?!

Stupid I have to ask jeep vs jeep in a rock crawl competition cause we should be a JEEP family. But hey let's see if your Rock crawling x or rubicon vs my wimpy mall crawl sahara on head to head! C mon ppl , I understand it has some nice features but no more than they new rubicons! Painted fenders is a complaint? I cut mine off but geez are we not getting a little anal. Sounds like you should be owning a H2 with that attitude. In fact, I had an H1 and the H2/h3 guys treat everyone better than jeep ppl do by dogging on the same Jk you have with a sahara sticker on this gay thread! Stop acting like this is a completely different jeep lol. Maybe we should go buy a different vehicle. I am starting to think jeep family is getting to be a bunch of stuck up rover owners starting a gay thread over sahara = mall crawlers. I your trying to get arise out of ppl then please leave the forum as that is against forum
Rules. P.s. I am kidding about buying a different vehicle as owned a jeep for 16 years.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
JK Super Freak

Default Sad

Because of this thread, I hate humanity even more than I did yesterday.

Edit: There is so much anger here in this thread I am joining the Chevy HHR forum or maybe the Toyota Camry forum, where people are warm and cuddly.

Last edited by GCM 2; 08-02-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by GCM 2
Because of this thread, I hate humanity even more than I did yesterday.

Edit: There is so much anger here in this thread I am joining the Chevy HHR forum or maybe the Toyota Camry forum, where people are warm and cuddly.
I'm just going to start a thread that says "Jeeps with 40 inch Goodyear MTR's arent real Jeeps because they didnt have them in WW2"
Old 08-02-2011, 10:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by danmojo82
I'm just going to start a thread that says "Jeeps with 40 inch Goodyear MTR's arent real Jeeps because they didnt have them in WW2"
That is funny brother! You are correct, WWII only had Goodyear tires up to 37" or maybe it was 39.5" Pit Bull Rockers.....I forget, the wars just all blend together now. I do know that the Bantam jeepers looked down upon the Ford GP vehicles because they came spec'd with soft tops from the factory
Old 08-02-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
No offense to the guys and gals who use their Saharas for offroading and doing the JK name proud (you're definitely excluded from this generalization), but I can't help but think that the Sahara and it's matching colored hard-top, fenders and chromed out bumper accents were just MADE for the soccer moms and I-ain't-into-that-Jeep-culture-thingy people out there? Hey have to keep the brand profitable, right?
Yikes Chris! Afraid you really opened up a can of worms. If Erica would just post up some more pics it would probably help settle my nerves.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	PANTIES_IN_A_BUNCH.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	189462

Need I say more...

Quick Reply: Saharas = Mall Crawlers?