Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

sacrilege

Old 04-09-2008, 10:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine has a Warn front bumper and stock back bumper. I wanted the Warn Power Plant so I got the set. I have to wait for $$$ before I get the back one. Meanwhile it doesn't bother me that they don't match because you can only see the Warn while looking at the front and the Warn is out of sight looking at the back of the Jeep. I'm sure there are lots of Jeeps without matching bumpers out there. I'm sure they aren't all going to heck for it. ...........or are they?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:58 AM
JK Junkie

Should have made this a voting thread.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as the styles match. Would be nice if the texture would match, however if not that can be remmedied with either a powdercoat or LineX.
I've got an ARB on the front of my XJ, and a Custom 4x4 on the rear, and they match pretty good. Even the texture.
As for the JK, an AEV in front, however I have not yet found a rear I like enough to buy. The stock rear bumper is OK for now. Most likely I'll shell out the $$$ for an AEV hood and snorkel kit before I get a new rear bumper.
Oh yea, tube bumpers IMO went out in the 80's. The have no strength and start rusting prior to installation. As for chrome. Chrome????

Last edited by Lorrel; 04-10-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by .45Hardboil
No, but if either are chrome, you should be shot!!!
What are you talking about?!? Chrome goes great with some spinners!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0pUG...eature=related

Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Anti-Chrome?

I am going with a shrockworks mid up front and either a warn or a rockhard in the back. I need to carry some extra gas and those seem to fit my needs the best. Warn is a bit expensive so....

At the rate JK accessories are released to market I would be modding my hover jeep before I could match them up.

Too bad I cannot get them in chrome.

Quick Reply: sacrilege