Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

sacrilege

Old 04-09-2008, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to much hate on the chrome bumpers. all in ones opnion
Old 04-09-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

as for chrome and everything else....all things are good in moderation.

as for bumpers having to match...I'm not really sure what you mean? As in brand? or by the way they look? As stated before some companies make fronts but not rears or some just make rears.

Anyways, I wish I could even afford a front bumper at this point. Matching or not, haha.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:13 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by hyatt147
Anyone out there think that it is complete sacrilege to mix front and rear bumpers?
Nah, you are fine. I think is okay to mix and match brands of front and rear bumpers.

I would try and get the front and rear bumper to be in a similar finish so they look like they match. x2 on NO chrome on a Jeep. Worse yet are gold wheels, no that is a sacrilege!
Old 04-09-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IMFletch
Nah, you are fine. I think is okay to mix and match brands of front and rear bumpers.

I would try and get the front and rear bumper to be in a similar finish so they look like they match. x2 on NO chrome on a Jeep. Worse yet are gold wheels, no that is a sacrilege!
I would say as long as the finish matches, go for it. I will probably do the same thing.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on getting AEV front and Expedition One rear. I just wish they would add reverse light cutouts to that bumper.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by karnuvore
I have no problem with it. I am stuck w/ a shitty warn front bumper that continually rusts. So there's no way in hell I'm putting a warn anything on my jeep ever again. Gotta get me a rear bumper and tire carrier when my wallet fills back up. Dunno what bumper I'll get it, but it wont start with a W and end in ARN.
bought LOD front bumper last fall and it started to rust about a month after I'm in the market for a rear w/tire carrier but not sure if I'll go with LoD. But then again, I think they all rust no matter how much you pay.....
Old 04-09-2008, 01:09 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

see my setup below..they match great.
Old 04-09-2008, 01:16 PM
JK Junkie

No issues here. I want the PJ front Stubby, but not sure about the rear yet, the PJ is nice, but there are others out there that I like as well.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say different strokes for different folks. I don't like chrome, but hey thats me. Mixing front and rear bumpers, .......if they want to it's their Jeep.
Its' the same as people saying it's sacrilege that you drive a JK ( not a real Jeep) It's a Jeep, if people want to have a different look, than who cares?
Old 04-09-2008, 05:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
Good luck finding a company that makes matching bumpers.
You mean like Rock Hard, M.O.R.E., Schrockworks, Warn, Purejeep, Fab Fours, Mopar, LOD, Rugged Ridge...

Guess I was lucky.

Quick Reply: sacrilege