Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

running naked with floor mats

Old 07-14-2012, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not trying to hijack but I want mats, well the wife wants them more because since I run with no carpet, the floor gets too hot for her... Any idea to run and secure mats from things like wind and sticky fingers?
Old 07-14-2012, 08:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FirewalkerSahara
Not trying to hijack but I want mats, well the wife wants them more because since I run with no carpet, the floor gets too hot for her... Any idea to run and secure mats from things like wind and sticky fingers?
Sticky fingers are always looming. Hard to padlock Mats to a floor hahaha
Old 07-14-2012, 08:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lol very true. I'd hate to gorilla glue them down to the floor
Old 07-14-2012, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

FYI .... Almost nothing likes to stick to the bottom of the Quadratec mats .... I tried the Velcro and the "industrial adhesive" never took. I tried Gorilla Glue and rubber cement with the same effect. All were given plenty of time to dry with pressure applied, but none of it would keep the Velcro to the bottom.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LifeOfABombTech
FYI .... Almost nothing likes to stick to the bottom of the Quadratec mats .... I tried the Velcro and the "industrial adhesive" never took. I tried Gorilla Glue and rubber cement with the same effect. All were given plenty of time to dry with pressure applied, but none of it would keep the Velcro to the bottom.
Cool thanks for the info. Guess the wife is going to have warm feet
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 PM
JK Freak

I have the quadratec tred mats w no carpet and it moves but doesnt leave. Sometimes I just throw it in the back. The front ones stay
Old 07-16-2012, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OKJK11
I went to lowes and got some snaps. Screw the male side into floor, then brad the female side to the floor mats. I think I put like six total on back mat. Simple snap in snap out process now.
I like the idea of this! My raptor liner has been ordered and I may have to do this when I get my interior bedlined.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Toss them. Along with the carpet. Problem solved.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:52 AM
JK Super Freak

I recently pulled my carpet and bedlined the front..

I use the slush mats but my fix would work with any mat that has the little holes that catch the hook built into the OE carpet.

After I stripped the floor and scuffed everything I marked the floor where the little hole in the mat is. I welded a nut to the floor pan at that spot. Then I cut a flat head bolt to about 3/4" and after bedlining I threaded the bold into the nut and now hook the mat on the bolt head. I can remove the bolt if I ever reinstall the carpet or want to run without the mats and not impale myself on the bolt head.

You could also drill a hole and capture a bolt with one nut under and one over the floor pan, but it wouldn't be removable as above.

A bit over-engineered but I am learning to weld and do so every chance I can. I love the simplicity of the snaps but not sure how that would work with the rubber mats.

An unexpected side benefit is that the rubber mat reduces some of the heat transmitted through the floor so I prefer to leave the mats in. My wife never noticed that the carpet was removed.

Last edited by MikekiM; 07-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Quick Reply: running naked with floor mats