Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Run Your Jeep On Water - Has Anyone Seen This

Old 07-01-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Offroadme
we have the technology to make every car run on water.. but that would mean the oil companies lose out out billions of dollars.. this is not something that will happen any time soon..we are going to be using gas until the wells run dry or there is a riot.. ....most people don't know the the YF-12A aircraft known as the SR-71 aka blackbird was built and used in 1964...no one ever heard of this plane let alone saw it until 20 years later... no one new it even existed.. with out a doubt we have the technology to make more than cars run on water and alternate fuels...but powers to be dont want that... water is free... no more gas stations.... no one makes any more money on that... it's not going to happen any time soon.. but this is all just my opinion...

on another note HAppy Jeeping
Uhmm, not so much.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sr-71

The SR-71 designator is a continuation of the pre-1962 bomber series, which ended with the XB-70 Valkyrie. During the later period of its testing, the B-70 was proposed for the reconnaissance/strike role, with an RS-70 designation. When it was clear that the Lockheed A-12 performance potential was much greater, USAF decided to pursue an RS-71 version of the A-12 rather than the RS-70. However, then-USAF Chief of Staff Curtis LeMay preferred the SR (Strategic Reconnaissance) designation and wanted the RS-71 to be named SR-71. Before the Blackbird was to be announced by President Johnson on 29 February 1964, LeMay lobbied to modify Johnson's speech to read SR-71 instead of RS-71. The media transcript given to the press at the time still had the earlier RS-71 designation in places, creating the myth that the president had misread the aircraft's designation.[3]

This public disclosure of the program and its renaming came as a shock to everyone at the Skunk Works and to Air Force personnel involved in the program. All of the printed maintenance manuals, flight crew handbooks (the source of Paul Crickmore's book[2]), training slides and materials were labelled "R-12"; while the 18 June 1965 Certificates of Completion issued by the Skunkworks to the first Air Force Flight Crews and their Wing Commander were labelled "R-12 Flight Crew Systems Indoctrination, Course VIII". Following Johnson's speech the name change was taken as an order from the Commander-in-Chief, and immediate reprinting began of new materials, including 29,000 blueprints, to be retitled "SR-71".

I guess a Presidential press conference is the best way to hide something.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Embalmer
I remember seeing something on that show unsolved mysteries years ago. guy invented a vehical that ran off ordinary tap water, and did a top speed of 70 mph. reason they aired it was cause the guy, his car and his plans all vanished never to be seen again...
sounds like the Twilight Zone !!!
Old 07-18-2008, 04:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

We were pretty constructive with plastic bottles, rubber hoses, water and plant material given some "creative" time in high school. Didn't manage to power a car but we took a few flights around the art room.
Old 07-18-2008, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

Well, hell i'l try anything!! Ive even got an old cherokee with a healty 4.0 engine in it to give a wirl in... somebody posted they have this write up in PDF???

send it to motorfreak@hotmail.com.

give me some time here folks i'll try it, but not right away..

I am also going to be playing with using Acetone. A 4x4 buddy of mine is using in his toyota and getting wicked results.. gotta keep the ratio perfect, but he has first hand made me a beliver in acetone from "trying it" perhapes we can achieve the same thing with this device.

Quick Reply: Run Your Jeep On Water - Has Anyone Seen This