Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged Ridge Pillar Switch Panel

Old 10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rugged_Ridge
We have been working with these guys. As of today I have noted 4 complaints from the total number sold. After seeing the comments noted on this thread I had our current inventory spot checked for this and or any other visual defect. No pods were found with the warped edges. It’s possible that this was isolated to a carton that has already been shipped. We will continue to spot check inventory as it goes out.

The number of comments compared to the total number sold has been a very, very small percentage. None the less this does not make it good for those that received a bad part.

I have PMed the people involved and will be working with them and the retailer it was purchased from so that they are happy with the part purchased.

Today I received my switch pod from Q, cut out the lower switch opening sized a bit larger to accomodate a volt meter, went to install it and see that it is warped inward at the top where it contacts the windshield. As a result, the upper section where it contacts the windshield frame lip, the pod sits inside rather than over the lip. Are you sure this isn't a common problem? Can you please post a pic of what the fit should look like and also let me know how to get a replacement now that I have already cut one opening?

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kb7our
Today I received my switch pod from Q, cut out the lower switch opening sized a bit larger to accomodate a volt meter, went to install it and see that it is warped inward at the top where it contacts the windshield. As a result, the upper section where it contacts the windshield frame lip, the pod sits inside rather than over the lip. Are you sure this isn't a common problem? Can you please post a pic of what the fit should look like and also let me know how to get a replacement now that I have already cut one opening?

Thanks.
mine fits pretty bad, i already posted in this thread, they said they were going to do something about it but it was never replaced? i gave up!!

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Pillar Switch Panel