Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged Ridge Half Doors...

Old 07-17-2011, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump......
Old 07-17-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine a couple of months ago and had them painted to match my Jeep (Stone White). I also picked up the upper's. I've had them on my Jeep a couple of times, but I'm still on the fence whether I like em or not.

Don't get me wrong, they're fit and finish are good and they fit very snug. I'm sure it'll help keeping out water (on water crossings), but the latch is very hard to open from the inside when using the upper door/window. I usually just reach and use the outside latch.

The fit is quite well and so is the interior panel. I'm not sure I'm going to keep these, as my wife doesn't like them and actually enjoys the tube doors over these. These may be listed for sale (doors/windows)

I'll try to get some photos posted later, maybe I'll just have to go put em on for some poser shots.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

The longer I have these the more I like them. My latches on the inside are a little stiff but nothing to fret about. I like the look and having the mirrors on both doors are great. I have not taken them off yet . Once I get some other mirrors to use with the doors off I will take them off and on. I might at first have a hard time taking them off just because off setting the doors up with the hinges. Anyone wanting these doors should go for it. Once they break in you will be happy.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

So the inside door latches on these doors are CRAP,then? There's a video on YouTube about Omix-Ada door latches and it's NOT flattering. I'm wondering if these doors have these same latches for the inside??
Old 08-11-2011, 11:38 AM
JK Super Freak

any more info on these doors? wondering how they work and function (any issues or problems). i am looking to get half doors and wondering if the factory ones are a better option and how these compare. i will run these all year even in the winter and want a good seal (well as good as soft uppers can get).
Old 08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

My backs close good, the fronts are a pain. The drivers side I open from the inside because the paddle seems to be bending. The front passenger needs to be pulled in real hard to get it to latch. I like half doors but wouldn't buy these again unless the fronts closed better. RR was good to talk too on the phone. I will call them again and see if something can be done. I got mine in early June and we've had shitty weather so this is only the second full week I've had them on. I don't like the idea of messing with the striker as my full doors work perfect. The RR ones don't follow the curve of the JK body well enough so extra pressure is needed to latch the fronts. If you're serious I'd find a place that has them and try the fit before bucking up.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Super Freak

thanks for the reply. do you have the upper soft windows as well? if so how are they going down the road (do they flap around or leak bad)?
Old 08-15-2011, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by codysanders
thanks for the reply. do you have the upper soft windows as well? if so how are they going down the road (do they flap around or leak bad)?
Yes I do. We've had a crap summer so I havn't tried them and probably won't till next year. I wish I hadn't bought them. They have clear windows which will look like crap. Now I've seen the fronts offered for $599. They were $750 when I got them.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Half Doors...