Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rugged Ridge Half Doors...

Old 02-13-2011, 05:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for these..... 4wd has them, any1 got them yet?
Old 02-13-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

F-ing supply and demand, RR knows there's a huge demand for these and the only other competitor is Mopar. All they have to do is make there's a tad cheaper and boom... profit. All we need now is a company to one-up RR and we'll have some affordable aftermarket half-doors.

I really like these but can't see myself shelling out the cash for em'
Old 02-13-2011, 08:34 PM
JK Super Freak

i emailed rr last week about the half doors and still haven't heard anything back from them. someone said 1100 with uppers for a 2dr? is that with them color matched or just the black? and if just the black,, how much to color match? not sure i would want them color matched but would like to know the price difference. i thought the rror doors were aluminum and thats why they were pricey but still a bit cheaper than mopar. i think that if they're available in march, then i might just order the doors without the uppers and just purchase the uppers at a later time to make it less of a blow to the el walleto.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:22 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by josh_jacklyn
i emailed rr last week about the half doors and still haven't heard anything back from them. someone said 1100 with uppers for a 2dr? is that with them color matched or just the black? and if just the black,, how much to color match? not sure i would want them color matched but would like to know the price difference. i thought the rror doors were aluminum and thats why they were pricey but still a bit cheaper than mopar. i think that if they're available in march, then i might just order the doors without the uppers and just purchase the uppers at a later time to make it less of a blow to the el walleto.
On the 4wd website they are 1100 for the unpainted matte black doors an upper windows. Thats steep but they look damn good, might be a tax return buy.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:48 AM
JK Freak

Well i got the new 4wd catalog in the mail today and on page 7 they are advertising the Rugged Ridge half doors an soft uppers. $885 for the front doors and $308 for the soft uppers. So over $1200 shipped! A little more expensive then i was hoping but they look awesome. I went with the Element half doors for $700, hope i dont regret it.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2K is Tooooo pricey for my 4-Door..
Old 03-10-2011, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by pazitive44
2K is Tooooo pricey for my 4-Door..
Me too. Shame I was hoping to get them, but that's too much for me, I'll probably get some tube doors instead.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
JK Junkie

yeah ... i emailed rugged ridge twice about a month ago, one was to their company email off their website and another email to their forum email on this website. Up to this day i have not gotten any response
Old 03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
JK Super Freak

I think 1200 for a 2 dr is fine with me. I have the bestop doors and are nice and all for taking off and stowing in the back. Now if the plastic rugged ridge doors are light enough to take off and stow in the back at a moments notice , I will go with them for sure. The fit will look like factory and not flap around like the bestop.
Old 03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by viking
I think 1200 for a 2 dr is fine with me. I have the bestop doors and are nice and all for taking off and stowing in the back. Now if the plastic rugged ridge doors are light enough to take off and stow in the back at a moments notice , I will go with them for sure. The fit will look like factory and not flap around like the bestop.
What do you think RR did with their soft uppers that Bestop didnt do? I just bought the Bestop set-up for $750 an i love it. The soft windows flap at highway speeds but it is minimal. Just wondering if you know how RR plans to stop this..... For 1200 for the 2 door, they better.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Half Doors...