Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Rubi VS X
Rubicon Unlimited
68.00%
X Unlimited
32.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Rubicon vs X help me decide

Old 12-23-2008, 02:53 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Buy a X with the rear locker package. You can buy a Rubi t-case for $600+. Drop shafts/ARB in the front D30 or buy a Rubi front axle. With the extra cash build up the suspension/tires/bumpers/etc. Feel free to call me on this. I started off with a X and built it up. I'm not knocking Rubicons, still need a Rubi t-case in mine.and a JK CRD60 and a HEMI and lights and .........................

well said.
I would go with the X also. The only reason I would even want the rubi is the locker, but I wouldn't pay that much for it. I can't stand the disco's in the rubi, just one more thing to break. The t-case is awesome, but like said above it can get got for not a ton of money. The axels are also nice in the rubi, but I would rather have the chrome moleys (sp?) in the dana 30. So all in all, X would be the way to go....unless you really like the sticker sorry couldn't help myself
Old 12-23-2008, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
Buy a X with the rear locker package. You can buy a Rubi t-case for $600+. Drop shafts/ARB in the front D30 or buy a Rubi front axle. With the extra cash build up the suspension/tires/bumpers/etc. Feel free to call me on this. I started off with a X and built it up. I'm not knocking Rubicons, still need a Rubi t-case in mine.and a JK CRD60 and a HEMI and lights and .........................
The X I was working the deal on had the rear locker package. With all the options the MSRP was over 31K and the rubi is at 33K so 2K difference. For that 2K I get the t-case, D44 front and 4.10's. The 4.10's are really pushing me since I will be putting my KM2 35's on. By the way, I will also be putting my TF 2.5 Coil lift on. Will I need spacers to continue to run the 35's or will I get enough lift with the coils themselves?

I already have front & rear bumpers, winch, fogs, wheels & tires. Taking them off my 2dr.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:10 PM
JK Freak

You should have enough lift with the coils themselves!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 06:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Choppus
You should have enough lift with the coils themselves!!!
I hope so, I think I am going to trim the fenders so I guess that would help a little also.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

I may be wrong but isn't he going to need spacers or at least new wheels to clear the 35's if using stock rims? Now matter which lift he uses those wheels do not provide the right backspacing to get the tires away from the swaybar and front airdam.

And IMO, if you are only looking @ $2k difference between a loaded X and a Rubi - you may as well get the Rubi cause you are going to spend a Grand uping the gears anyway. Why not get it off the floor with what you want and the warranty to boot? Not to mention rolling the extra bucks into financing.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BIGG
I may be wrong but isn't he going to need spacers or at least new wheels to clear the 35's if using stock rims? Now matter which lift he uses those wheels do not provide the right backspacing to get the tires away from the swaybar and front airdam.

And IMO, if you are only looking @ $2k difference between a loaded X and a Rubi - you may as well get the Rubi cause you are going to spend a Grand uping the gears anyway. Why not get it off the floor with what you want and the warranty to boot? Not to mention rolling the extra bucks into financing.

I already have wheels with my 35's, MT classics II's. Also no airdam will be used.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you can afford it get the Rubi. Your wife will like the electric locks and windows for the kids. You will like the D44 upfront with lockers all around. You both win.
Old 12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
If you can afford it get the Rubi. Your wife will like the electric locks and windows for the kids. You will like the D44 upfront with lockers all around. You both win.
Yeah, I have the power windows and locks now. She wants me to add heated seats - come on I am in Georgia but will add them if it helps her go along with the rubi purchase
Old 12-24-2008, 05:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doc307
Yeah, I have the power windows and locks now. She wants me to add heated seats - come on I am in Georgia but will add them if it helps her go along with the rubi purchase
I've thought about getting the heated seat accessory too. I'm getting older and my bones need comfort!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:50 PM
JK Super Freak

So far, the rubi is way out in front. Too bad I can't go ahead and get a hemi.

Quick Reply: Rubicon vs X help me decide