Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon sticker question

Old 10-18-2012, 07:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 09jku
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-a...decals-250979/

ok so here is what im talking about i found this on the for sale forum. see how both "Rubicon" and "Wrangler" stickers are written the same direction, stay with me here i know im rambling, so when u put them on the right and left side of the jeep the "rubicon" will start on the left side with the R toured the cab and on the right side the R will start at the grill side this is the issue i have with the stickers i bought. soooooo is this the correct look or does one side need to be made differently so that the R starts at the cab or grill side on both sides?
These are correct. In the US we read from left to right. If you were to put a sticker on the driver's side that started with the R toward the cab, it would read "NOCIBUR".

And then the Zombies would eat you.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

It just occurred to me why you might be getting confused. With text, the words always have to read left to right, so the sticker will look the same for each side. Other images, such as US flags, will be reversed for each side. The field of stars should always face forward, so they will be different stickers for each side.
Click image for larger version

Name:	amflag_color-120x120.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	12.3 KB
ID:	379610
Old 10-18-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HogHoden
These are correct. In the US we read from left to right. If you were to put a sticker on the driver's side that started with the R toward the cab, it would read "NOCIBUR".

And then the Zombies would eat you.

how ever the "NOCIBUR" would not look like that the letters would be faced in the opposit direction its hard to explain i will try and take a picture of what i mean

the only thing i hate worse is a zombie eating me is a damn dirty hippie!
Old 10-18-2012, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default letters flipped

are you talking about flipping the letters too? Always left to right.

Name:	ruby.png
Views:	89
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	379611
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Okay, the stickers look correct, but are you talking about something like this?

Name:	rUBI.png
Views:	91
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	379612
Old 10-18-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

how ever the "NOCIBUR" would not look like that the letters would be faced in the opposit direction its hard to explain i will try and take a picture of what i mean

the only thing i hate worse is a zombie eating me is a damn dirty hippie!
Ok so if the stickers are made in the same direction looking identical. when u put them on they will look like this.... No reading the same direction if u look at it from above I'm sorry I'm not grasping this easy concept lol. I jst wana make sure this is the normal way to put them on
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1701704416.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	379614  
Old 10-18-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by HogHoden
It just occurred to me why you might be getting confused. With text, the words always have to read left to right, so the sticker will look the same for each side. Other images, such as US flags, will be reversed for each side. The field of stars should always face forward, so they will be different stickers for each side.
Attachment 379610
exactly !....
Old 10-18-2012, 08:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ok so if the stickers are made in the same direction looking identical. when u put them on they will look like this.... No reading the same direction if u look at it from above I'm sorry I'm not grasping this easy concept lol. I jst wana make sure this is the normal way to put them on
Yes, this looks correct.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default This is correct.

That is correct. You are thinking too hard about this. The way you wrote that out, both RUBICONs read left to right. Don't get confused by the orientation of the jeep. Worry about the orientation of the words.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by eodguy789
That is correct. You are thinking too hard about this. The way you wrote that out, both RUBICONs read left to right. Don't get confused by the orientation of the jeep. Worry about the orientation of the words.
thank you guys for helping me with this idk y this is so mind boggling for me lol btw im a sheriffs deputy and just realized my patrol car has the same issue lol all i had to do was go look at the damn thing lol

Quick Reply: Rubicon sticker question