Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon sticker = B.S.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rubicon's are great. Gotta tell you though, there ain't much left of mine. Just the frame, parts of the fenders, the tub, and most of the dash. I would have been better off with an X and building.

I didn't know I was going to build a jeep when I bought my Rubi. I just wanted something that would work great on the trails we have around here. It did work great too. Then I started reading the stuff on this forum, talking to people, looking at extreme trails, and ...well... you all know how the disease progresses.

My wife's rubi is slowly being "upgraded": She had a 3" skyjacker, next week it is getting Evo Double Throwdowns front and back. It has 35" BFG's on Skulls. It also is getting a PSC (broke yet another steering box). Anyway, this will be close to a perfect general purpose rig that can do most trails, and still be a DD.

Anyway, next build I do will start with an X.........
Old 08-04-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's a sticker who cares this thread is retarded !!!
Old 08-04-2010, 07:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 2010 rubi and i'm just excited to be driving another jeep!! I take it offroad every chance i get and could care less about those stickers. Actually took off my front plastichrome jeep emblem just the other day. I love the way the grille looks without it!! Want to remove all the decals just wondered if it affected the value in any way. Plan on keeping it a long time though.
Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Geeper4x4
Sticker shock! He just wanted the Rubi and couldn't afford it. Doesn't really matter the folks that care to know what a Rubi is will know! The rest won't even know what that sticker is supposed to mean.
I have seen SS and Z28 on cars I knew weren't original ...never really cared.
Sad statement about "he couldn't afford it". Maybe in the case of intentionally putting a Rubi sticker on a "non-Rubi" JK would be stupid. I bought a '10 JK sport to upgrade everything and make it my weekend toy. I could have afforded the Rubi but thought it would be foolish to pay a premium for things I am going to take off and upgrade. I am taking the stock equipment off the "sport" and replacing them with upgraded after market equipment.

I couldn't come to a conscience decision to pay $15,000 more to have a dana 44 front, electronic swaybar disco and electronic lockers. All the extras are "bells & whistles". That money can go to many more upgrades.

Most people I know that have Rubicons around my area never take it on a dirt road and want it for the luxury items on the interior. I want on off road beast that can get me to my camp / fishing sites of the NM/CO mountains. So basically, No matter your "level" of Jeep you buy, the end product of what you do with it is the real deal.
Old 10-03-2010, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yoda
Another suspicious Rubicon:

- X tires
- Sahara side steps
- The Rubicon decal looks like the TJ Rubicon decal (but I'm maybe wrong)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A37dr9I1ie8
He removed that video after you outed him!

Hope he doesn't kill himself, you'll be charged with a hate crime!!
Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gordhunt
It's a sticker who cares this thread is retarded !!!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by matt852
Stickers do kinda make a difference though I notice with my JK forum stickers and USMC sticker I've been a lot more wave backs.

And most likely Rubicons will wave back
I don't see why the stickers on your Jeep matter who waves back to you. If I see a Jeep Wrangler coming my way, I wave. You bought what you wanted or could afford. I don't care what model you bought. I don't care what stickers are on it. I don't care what year it is. I don't care how many doors are on it. You bought a Jeep. I'll wave and if you wave back that's awesome, if you don't you don't. It's a Jeep thing. Not a model thing.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, stickers can make a difference at trade in time. I doubt a savy dealership would do this with a Rubicon, but I had a 1989 Chevy 1500 that I traded in on a new 1990 Chevy 2500 (back in 1990). I had an aftermarket suspension lift and Rancho shocks on my truck, which were better than the Z71 package, but I did not have the Z71 package. Just before trade in I went to a dealer and bought two Z71 stickers, and put them on my truck. A few days later I go to a dealer to trade in, and the appraiser person is walking around my truck making little notes about what options it has on it. I watch him as he notices the Z71 sticker and makes a note of it. We then go inside and he pulls out his NADA book and adds up the options on my truck. He is talking out loud as he does this, and when he gets to the Z71 option he says "Z71, thats worth an extra $700". Hey, who am I to complain. If he wants to give me $700 for a sticker, I'll take it.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:09 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by NY-Vmax-Joe
Actually...
I'm gonna put a sticker like Rubiclon, Rubiclone, Rubitron, or something to really screw with you guys.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Freak

When I had my Ford F150, there were always 'counterfeit' Lightning and Harley Davidson trucks. Don't we all want what we can't afford?

Quick Reply: Rubicon sticker = B.S.