Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon sticker = B.S.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:31 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha I know I'm still looking for a flex fuel badge to replace the hybrid badge.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NY-Vmax-Joe
Actually...
I'm gonna put a sticker like Rubiclon, Rubiclone, Rubitron, or something to really screw with you guys.
you wouldnt be the first....
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Firefighters_Axe
you wouldnt be the first....
Originally Posted by NY-Vmax-Joe
Actually...
I'm gonna put a sticker like Rubiclon, Rubiclone, Rubitron, or something to really screw with you guys.
LOL, I found It.... here u guys go

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ight=rubiclone
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM
JK Freak

I really don't understand that. I removed my Rubi sticker for two reasons, one is that I liked the completely smooth look of zero stickers anywhere - the second and plus is that I avoided that bs of the attiutude "associated" with the sticker. I don't know how to explain it - but I actually have a Rubicon and don't even want to be part of "that" group. I don't want to be associated with my cousin that has his Rubi sitting pretty and has driven it 200 miles in 3 years. I don't understand it - but I understood it enough that I knew I was fine being just a "jeep" if I could avoid it. The absolute 180 of pretending to be a Rubi without actually being is 100% beyond me.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:19 AM
JK Newbie

There is no question on how hard I wheel my Rubi. When you look at it you see a missing R Rear fender and rear bumper peeled back. I haven't had a chance to do many mods to it yet. It has been nice being able to drive it off the lot and do things stock Jeep couldn't.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
Jeeps are built, not bought
There was a time (and many vehicles ago) when I would have bought an X and modded the heck out of it. And the fun would be in the modding journey.

Older now, not so spry and with 2 jobs, not much free time. I wanted something I could take off road with decent tires and lockers, right out of the box.

Same reason I used a hemi kit instead of figuring out how to stick a SB Chevy into it. I want to use what limited free time I have to get it dirty, not a year long project while I try to find time to wrench on it. If I live to retire, I am so going to put one in a pre-JK Wrangler.

I am glad they make the Rubi for people in my situation. And they are pretty decent off the showroom floor.

I agree, if you have the time, creating your own unique Jeep is the best. You will have something stronger than a Rubicon at no more cost. I do not understand anyones desire to put Rubicon decals on, buying a Rubi just means you did not have the time/skills/desire to put those parts on yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing to envy, either.

Last edited by Yankee; 08-03-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:12 PM
JK Freak

I love my Rubi. I've wanted one since I was a teenager. I finally have one. I like the decals. I'm critical of those who buy them just cause they're "the higher end model" and then just drive them from home to work everyday. I actually use mine and I've enjoyed every mod I've stuck in it. I like that heads turn when I'm driving. It's ok to feel good about yourself and what you own.. just don't gloat and rub peoples face in it. And just to be clear having a Rubi is no better or worse than any other Jeep or vehicle. It's personal preference, I also loved my Sahara I owned before getting my Rubicon. My buddy and his pregnant wife have been looking at getting a JK. He asked my opinion and knowing he's on a budget I recommended getting a used X and modding it. I think people can get to caught up in the hype on both sides of the fence. I think that people forget what "its a Jeep thing" means. I have yet to see identically modded Jeeps (obviously stock ones are the same) and I love that Jeeps are so versatile and can be modified to reflect the individual owner. I think its kinda cool looking when people slap decals like "Rubiclone" etc on their rigs. Do what you want but be prepared to possibly be teased for it.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

Rubicons are awesome. I own a 2010 sport with all the skids and 32 km2. So far out here in Texas I have yet to regret not getting a Rubi. And I put mine through hell. But all we got out here is mud. Maybe I would need all that for rocks or something.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Northern Wrangler
I love my Rubi. I've wanted one since I was a teenager. I finally have one. I like the decals. I'm critical of those who buy them just cause they're "the higher end model" and then just drive them from home to work everyday. I actually use mine and I've enjoyed every mod I've stuck in it. I like that heads turn when I'm driving. It's ok to feel good about yourself and what you own.. just don't gloat and rub peoples face in it. And just to be clear having a Rubi is no better or worse than any other Jeep or vehicle. It's personal preference, I also loved my Sahara I owned before getting my Rubicon. My buddy and his pregnant wife have been looking at getting a JK. He asked my opinion and knowing he's on a budget I recommended getting a used X and modding it. I think people can get to caught up in the hype on both sides of the fence. I think that people forget what "its a Jeep thing" means. I have yet to see identically modded Jeeps (obviously stock ones are the same) and I love that Jeeps are so versatile and can be modified to reflect the individual owner. I think its kinda cool looking when people slap decals like "Rubiclone" etc on their rigs. Do what you want but be prepared to possibly be teased for it.
I AGREE 100%
Old 08-03-2010, 08:31 PM
JK Junkie

Stickers do kinda make a difference though I notice with my JK forum stickers and USMC sticker I've been a lot more wave backs.

And most likely Rubicons will wave back

Quick Reply: Rubicon sticker = B.S.