Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon sticker = B.S.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:00 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RckyMtnGoat
I knew someone would say this, lol, I would agree to a certain extent as well, but given there are a lot of ppl that do not have the ability to doesn't make them any less of a Jeeper/Four Wheeler. Can't judge a book by its cover, just as I will never be able to build a full on rock crawling buggy but call myself a Jeeper. Jeep saw a market where they could build something that you could buy and do some pretty hard trails, but like I have said in another post, it doesn't make you more capable. Remember we all started somewhere (or at least I have) and have fallen in love with the hobby/sport which in turn spurred me for more knowledge and know how. To many times do I run into the mall crawlers and after talking to them find that its never been on dirt besides whats put on the roads in the winter, lol.
x2 Nice Job!
What's worst than buying an X and putting Rubicon stickers on it is buying a Rubicon and being a Mall Crawler. Have a buddy at work that did that and I keep trying to get him off road but he doesn't want to get it dirty..WTF ...but I swear he told me that directly. In that case buy the X and put Rubicon stickers on it
Old 10-07-2009, 12:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
x2 Nice Job!
What's worst than buying an X and putting Rubicon stickers on it is buying a Rubicon and being a Mall Crawler. Have a buddy at work that did that and I keep trying to get him off road but he doesn't want to get it dirty..WTF ...but I swear he told me that directly. In that case buy the X and put Rubicon stickers on it
I save my but off to do stuff to my Rubi But it is offroad atleast once a week its kind of a ritual with my son and I now when he does good in school we go out on saturday. How could you own a jeep and not take it off road.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

Default stickers

I'm a ski racer, and you know that the skis I race with doesn't have ANYTHING in common with the "race" ski you can buy at the store... BUT they put the same "sticker" on it...
YOU might be happy with that fake race ski... You have the same sticker I do, it suits YOUR needs, you think you're the shit... LOL
Capice ?

On a more serious note.. When I bought my Sahara, I thought about getting the Rubicon, but the sticker price difference was a bit over 4000$... I don't wheel much and I knew I preferred the painted fenders...
So my reflection was this: If I really get into serious wheeling, I can buy a set of lockers for under 4000$, can't I ???
And the discos, well I just lie under my Jeep for a couple of minutes and the job is done.. Ok, yes, the bigger axel...
What else am I missing...?
Old 10-07-2009, 01:17 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
I'm a ski racer, and you know that the skis I race with doesn't have ANYTHING in common with the "race" ski you can buy at the store... BUT they put the same "sticker" on it...
YOU might be happy with that fake race ski... You have the same sticker I do, it suits YOUR needs, you think you're the shit... LOL
Capice ?

On a more serious note.. When I bought my Sahara, I thought about getting the Rubicon, but the sticker price difference was a bit over 4000$... I don't wheel much and I knew I preferred the painted fenders...
So my reflection was this: If I really get into serious wheeling, I can buy a set of lockers for under 4000$, can't I ???
And the discos, well I just lie under my Jeep for a couple of minutes and the job is done.. Ok, yes, the bigger axel...
What else am I missing...?
transfer case, rock sliders, d44 axle up front, better stock gearing, better stock tires...it starts to add up
Old 10-07-2009, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't realize how many Jeep police there are out there. It's a wonder we wave at anyone.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:49 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BlackNorthernJK
transfer case, rock sliders, d44 axle up front, better stock gearing, better stock tires...it starts to add up
and I was gonna change the tires and wheels anyways...
Old 10-07-2009, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default stickers

Isnt some of COP4x4's jeeps just the X models that have been upgraded
Old 10-07-2009, 04:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

LOL, you guys crack me up. I do own a real not just "Sticker Modded" Rubicon and love it. But now i feel as if I should be ashamed I bought one, lol. Nope happy with my decision she performs like a dream and hit that dirt/rock/snow as often as possible.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

pshh he put a rubicon sticker on his jeep? that's gay he shouldve got the v-tec badge!
Old 10-07-2009, 05:31 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Back in Atlanta, someone tried to steal my Rubicon sticker but security ran them off. What kind of a douche does that? He only got halfway through the "R" and I got it replaced under warranty.

I was more WTF? than pissed.

Quick Reply: Rubicon sticker = B.S.