Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon sticker = B.S.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07JKUnlimitedX
I don't see why the stickers on your Jeep matter who waves back to you. If I see a Jeep Wrangler coming my way, I wave. You bought what you wanted or could afford. I don't care what model you bought. I don't care what stickers are on it. I don't care what year it is. I don't care how many doors are on it. You bought a Jeep. I'll wave and if you wave back that's awesome, if you don't you don't. It's a Jeep thing. Not a model thing.
I agree!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by toddjb
I didn't realize how many Jeep police there are out there. It's a wonder we wave at anyone.
x2

This thread reminds me of some of the H.O.G. groups Ive been around with their noses up in the air and Im the shit attitudes. That's why I never joined them and road with others.
Ive even seen this "Rubicon" attitude locally here. It's a damn Jeep. I bought the one I like and didn't look back. So what if I dont have all the extras your Rubi has, get over yourself. Iv'e modded it the way I wanted to and it's mine.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Yoda
I was in the parking of the Canadian Tire of Joliette this afternoon when I saw a Rubicon Unlimited Green Jeep coming in. I was waiting for my wife in my Patriot. The JK parked in front of me. After a few minutes, i have noticed the black stock shocks!!! (On the Rubi, the stock shocks are red)
I was curious; I looked under the JK, and it was a dana 30 diff.!!! and no e-discos. It was an Unlimited X with a Rubicon sticker!!
I wanted to see the guy, but my wife arrived, and I had to leave the parking.
Shame on you!
Should have posted a picture like the F.B.I does
Old 10-04-2010, 10:45 AM
JK Newbie

I don't have no rubi sticker but if you were to take a quick glance you'd think mine was a rubi. I wanna take this moment to thank the guys who buy rubi's and then take off what they don't want and sell it. Because of this I have rubi rails, stock rubi tires (which I love) and will be buying rubi shocks and springs soon. I can't go big with the modds yet but its really made me appreaciate the stock set up so when I do go big, I'll smile that much bigger and harder! Plus ridin stock really shows you what these Jeeps can do.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Why should the left coast get all the recognition?

The right coast has it's own cool spots to wheel.
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02457.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	92644
Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

I think mine would have to say "dustbowl" livin in the desert!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKUnlimitedX
I don't see why the stickers on your Jeep matter who waves back to you. If I see a Jeep Wrangler coming my way, I wave. You bought what you wanted or could afford. I don't care what model you bought. I don't care what stickers are on it. I don't care what year it is. I don't care how many doors are on it. You bought a Jeep. I'll wave and if you wave back that's awesome, if you don't you don't. It's a Jeep thing. Not a model thing.

Here here!!! 100%
Old 10-04-2010, 12:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jeepmedic
Jeeps are built, not bought
Ya and this guy just happens to be starting with the stickers.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Yankee
I am glad they make the Rubi for people in my situation. And they are pretty decent off the showroom floor.

I agree, if you have the time, creating your own unique Jeep is the best. You will have something stronger than a Rubicon at no more cost. I do not understand anyone's desire to put Rubicon decals on, buying a Rubi just means you did not have the time/skills/desire to put those parts on yourself. Nothing wrong with that, but nothing to envy, either.
1. X 2 THANK YOU, couldn't say it better myself!
2. The Rubicon trim was the only 4x4 that mange to climb a Mountain stock!

In 2007 an adventure team (German expedition) and two Jeep Wrangler (Rubicon) vehicles, decided to conquer the summit of the world’s highest volcano, Ojos del Salado in Chile.
the two Jeep Wrangler vehicles set a new world record (at that time) by climbing 6,646 meters (21,804 feet) to the volcano’s rim
During the trip, the team endured hurricane-strength winds, temperatures that reached minus 30 degrees Centigrade (minus 22 degrees Fahrenheit) and the thin air of such high altitudes, as it maneuvered over malicious glaciers, fissured rock cliffs and volcanic sand. The last stretch of the climb was the most grueling. Both Wrangler Unlimited vehicles had to cross a glacier, parts of which were so smooth that any travel by foot required spiked shoes. At the far end was the glacier field, a fissured ice area strewn with razor sharp snow penitents

The two Wrangler Unlimited vehicles (from the German expedition) that completed that challenge were standard equipment Rubicon models.
In addition to the standard equipment, both vehicles were fitted only with Goodyear MT/R tires, electronic altitude measuring technology and winches, a basic climbing gear.

Old 10-04-2010, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

This stupid thread is still alive!

Quick Reply: Rubicon sticker = B.S.