Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon Express Vs. Teraflex

Old 11-24-2009, 06:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Express Vs. Teraflex

I finally got the approval from the boss (GF) that I can lift my JK. I've been looking at the Rubicon Express 3.5 Super flex for about a month thinking that was the way I was going to go(w/ 35's). Now, I'm also looking at the Teraflex 4" and thinking I may want to put 37's on. I was planning my rig out for the RE Lift with 35's.

What does everyone recommend?

What other consideration's do I need to make if I go with the 37's with 4 inches of lift (i.e. driveshaft, etc.) that wouldn't have to with 35's and 3.5"s of lift?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're looking at 37's, I've really only got one word for you.

Currie.

There's a reason that a lot of people buy Currie Johnny Joints for building control arms.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:55 AM
JK Junkie

I am also looking at the Teraflex 4" kit, 35s for now, maybe 37s next time around. Their customer service seems to be top notch. I was looking at the Currie kit as well, I've heard both are very well made.

Talk to David at Northridge, he has a lot of knowledge on all of the kits and gives great advice.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have any questions about TeraFlex products, give me a call.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 AM
JK Freak

If you go with 37's, you will want to consider upgrading other drive components such as axle shafts.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Junkie

4 inch LA and 35's.....best decision yet......handling and ride is impressive...Tera Flex all the way.....IMO you won't find a beefier setup

Old 11-24-2009, 11:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07rubisteve
4 inch LA and 35's.....best decision yet......handling and ride is impressive...Tera Flex all the way.....IMO you won't find a beefier setup

Haha...Stan is trying to get me to buy the TF 4 inch LA for my JK!
Old 11-24-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Haha...Stan is trying to get me to buy the TF 4 inch LA for my JK!
ahhhh.....do it already Mike!!! What are you waiting for???
Old 11-24-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

I live in Spring also. I run a 2.5" TF lift and love it. I found this in the modified section under FAQ's

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 3" lift?
A: At bare minimum, you should have a set of 3" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, rear brake line extension brackets, new longer rear sway bar links (factory links can be installed up front), adjustable front track bar and rear track bar relocation bracket. Optimally, I would recommend adjustable front upper and lower control arms as well as they will help you set your caster to the appropriate angle it needs to be. Also, if you have a 2-door, adjustable rear upper control arms and a new double cardin U-joint style drive shaft would be highly advisable.

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A: For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.

I would also think you would want to look at gears. Sorry I forgot if you have a ruby or not but if not 37's will be a lot of strain on the front axle for a D30. Would also want to look at C gussets and axle sleves.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

RE guys must be off today.

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express Vs. Teraflex