Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubicon = Mall-Crawler?

Old 11-20-2011, 09:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christmas season is approaching. You'll need that off road prowess of the Rubi to snatch up those "creative" parking spots at the mall!
Old 11-21-2011, 03:04 AM
JK Super Freak

I think I'm definitely gonna have to stop this. Just thinking that a mall crawler has unused lockers and electronic sway bar discos eats me up inside.

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 11-21-2011 at 03:06 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 03:30 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
I think I'm definitely gonna have to stop this. Just thinking that a mall crawler has unused lockers and electronic sway bar discos eats me up inside.
So buy her a Rubi...build it up for her...then when its time to wheel, leave yours at home with her (cause she likes driving yours already and won't wheel hers) and take hers wheelin! Simple solution right there!

Bet if you get her out there for the "bunny hill" run in December, she will love it and want to wheel (even if its lightly). One can only hope...

Also, could you get her a "Mall Rated" badge?

Last edited by Imposter_LRF; 11-21-2011 at 03:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:37 PM
JK Newbie

Get the Rubi for her. Then you can wheel with the family or ride solo in the 2 door. Now you get to built 2 Jeeps. Time for a second job.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ChryslerChris
Before everyone starts a flame war this is not what it seems lol.

My wife's been hinting that she wants a JKU someday. If not this year at very least the next few years. The Commander she has is not sexy enough and she loves driving my JK. Today she dropped the bomb on me: she wants a red Rubicon.

See, my wife's 100% mall-crawler. No trails for this girl. She chickened out going to Bundy Hill with me last weekend in her Commander. Said she is afraid of driving on anything but pavement.

Now she wants a Rubi. Also wants a lift, front aux driving lights and a :gasp: tire cover! Probably a girly one.

As much as I'm thrilled about getting her into the Jeep culture and buying myself some off roading credits, the thought of a mall crawling Rubicon sends shivers down my spine!
Uh, buy her a, whatever, and just slap Rubicon stickers on the hood. You think she'll know the difference?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by f2fast4u

Uh, buy her a, whatever, and just slap Rubicon stickers on the hood. You think she'll know the difference?
Had a bone stock Liberty pull up beside me last night. As it took off I noticed Rubicon stickers on the hood. Thought... WTF?
Old 11-21-2011, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Imposter_LRF
So buy her a Rubi...build it up for her...then when its time to wheel, leave yours at home with her (cause she likes driving yours already and won't wheel hers) and take hers wheelin! Simple solution right there!

Bet if you get her out there for the "bunny hill" run in December, she will love it and want to wheel (even if its lightly). One can only hope...

Also, could you get her a "Mall Rated" badge?

LOL! Love the Pic! I gotta get that for her Ryan
Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by shedski
Get the Rubi for her. Then you can wheel with the family or ride solo in the 2 door. Now you get to built 2 Jeeps. Time for a second job.
I need those high paying ones in Studio

Happy vacationing!

P.S. What did the dealership say??
Old 11-21-2011, 07:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MikekiM
Had a bone stock Liberty pull up beside me last night. As it took off I noticed Rubicon stickers on the hood. Thought... WTF?
Fail LOL
Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MikekiM
LOL, priceless...

Quick Reply: Rubicon = Mall-Crawler?