Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubi rails, do they offer door protection?

Old 05-05-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi rails, do they offer door protection?

Since 70% of my JK's life sits in a parking lot at work, I try parking away from everyone. If a dent gets put on her, I want to be the one doing it. What I would like to know is if I remove my plastic molded steps, would the rails offer protection? Anyone have some pics to show how far out past the doors they sit? Thanks for the help in advance.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shrockworks rock rails stick out a bit and would prolly protect them a bit too...
Old 05-05-2007, 01:16 PM
JK Freak

Those do look real nice, thanks for the pics. I was also looking at the Mopar aftermarket sliders also, but do not like the price.

Last edited by JKJoe; 05-05-2007 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got the stocks on the Rubi, and they don't stick out at all. Almost near flush mount with the body. I plan on switching them out as soon as the funds are available. Go with aftermarket rockers with the tubes for steps like the Shockworks, had a set similar on the TJ and a week after I had them, door dings started showing up on the tubes. I think the Mopar tube steps would probably offer more protection for your doors then the rock rails.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:01 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by POTO
I got the stocks on the Rubi, and they don't stick out at all. Almost near flush mount with the body. I plan on switching them out as soon as the funds are available. Go with aftermarket rockers with the tubes for steps like the Shockworks, had a set similar on the TJ and a week after I had them, door dings started showing up on the tubes. I think the Mopar tube steps would probably offer more protection for your doors then the rock rails.
Thanks, I am going for functional on and off the road. I am trying to fine body mounted sliders since they sit high and tight to the body lines. I would also love for them to double as steps. I don't want much

Quick Reply: Rubi rails, do they offer door protection?