Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rubi acquired a new rattle noise

Old 07-25-2008, 04:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubi acquired a new rattle noise

The other day I may have had a little too much speed entering into some bumpy's, I let off the gas and thought I would be okay to coast down to a reasonable speed but it just didn't play out the way I wanted. Right at the end of the coast there was a bump that tossed the jeep to the left which set off a chain that tossed the jeep to the right and then REALLY tossed it to the left again. It was just the perfect series of bumps that perfectly worked against me for the speed I was going and just made the jeep seem to impact the bump stops on the driver side pretty good. Ultimately it wasn't THAT bad but I did notice a rattle directly after the ordeal. I took a second to see how every thing felt, steering was prompt and precise, suspension was firm and responsive as it was before, and when I pulled over none of the big stuff under the front seemed to be loose or out of order. Panels were still in tact, bumper, fenders, sliders were all together, any idea where I might look to figure out whats rattling?

I notice it when I'm driving and the front tires hit like a pothole in the road or some thing that might change the direction of the tires promptly. Obviously when I'm offroad it's rattling alot, I don't know how to make it rattle when I'm looking underneath it so I was just kind of hoping one of you guys have had this happen before, maybe like a known weak link in the rubi or some thing. Anyway I appreciate any help in the matter. Regards...
Old 07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, got back from the dealer today. After looking around they found that there were no upper spring isolaters on the front springs. Is it possible for those things to fall off when your wheeling? Otherwise they forgot to put them on when they assembled it, lol. Either way, easy fix.

Quick Reply: Rubi acquired a new rattle noise