Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rough Country Shipping Problems! Really Frustrated. 2nd guessing my decision to go RC

Old 03-08-2010, 07:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my experience w/ rc has been nothing but top notch. I had a small problem w/ a piece from my quick disco's left out of the original package. I called and they sent me out the peice that was missing right away... no questions asked. I will definitly be calling rough country next time i need anything for my Jeep.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

wow,i can understand your frustration..i have had no problems with r/c.Ben is a great guy and has always helped out a fellow jk brother...give Ben a call he will help you..
Old 03-08-2010, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Ok so I talked to Davy today who was a little upset with my post, which I don't blame him. The other day when I called RC and asked for Davy I must have got the wrong person. Davy assured me today my order and no order will ever be placed on the "backburner" apparantly their system showed the trackbar bracket in stock a little earlier than it was. He promised to ship everything else today.

With that being said, I want everyone to know that I am happy with the RC lift as of right now and after talking to the correct Davy today I can see why everyone has nothing but good things to say about their Customer Service with the exception of the other guy who I spoke to the other day who was clearly not Davy but hey s@$& happens right.
Old 03-08-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
We aren't praising these guys just for shits and giggles. They really do work with every customer that I have ever seen have a complaint on here. There will always be people that you just can't make happy but they try damn hard to keep their 100% satisfaction guarantee.
You are correct, they did work with me after my complaint. Davy cleared up the miscommunication and I just received my tracking number so all is well.
Now I think someone needs to work on RC's inventory system, they put Davy and the rest of the sales guys in a tough position when something is showing in stock that is not but that is a different story........

As for your last comment, I know I am very hard to please when I am spending that kind of money (over $3K for everything). From RC it was a 2.5 inch kit, parts for the 3.25 inch kit, and 1.25 inch BL. It may be chump change to some but not to me.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:54 AM
JK Newbie

I think the bigger issue is their inventory system. After talking with Davy I understand why he kept saying it will get shipped when it actually would not. He had no idea the trackbar bracket was not in inventory.

With that being said I have no problems with RC, I agree they are a bunch of good guys over there. Like I said, the inventory system kind of put them in a bad spot. If you have advertised that all stock items will ship same day and they ship 4 days later something is wrong there and that was my point.

As a matter of fact I called them last night and spoke to Davy about my bowed coil spring, which is normal BTW, before asking anyone on here. So, I do trust these guys. Sometimes there are misunderstandings. S*** happens.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:56 AM
JK Newbie

I have only bought a few things from RC but they have treated me very well and I plan to use them more in the future. I wish every company treated thier customers this well!
Old 10-02-2021, 09:56 AM
JK Newbie

On the positive side, I have an RC 2.5" BB (not for much longer--TF 2.5" coil lift is awaiting install on my garage floor!). A part was missing and I contacted them. They overnighted the part to me, even though I expected no such special treatment.[/QUOTE]

I ordered from BB and waited over a month to finally cancel and ask for a refund. I then went to trusty Amazon and ordered there only cause the delivery date is guaranteed. Come to find out what are they guaranteeing cause i ordered 3 weeks ago and still nothing, contacted RC to hear “oops sorry we forgot and well ship out today.” They only guarantee your money back. 🤨 I feel worried that I will wait even longer. NOW if the coils are the issue just be honest instead of the lies which just break the trust.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Shipping Problems! Really Frustrated. 2nd guessing my decision to go RC