Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rough Country Shipping Problems! Really Frustrated. 2nd guessing my decision to go RC

Old 03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country Shipping Problems! Really Frustrated. 2nd guessing my decision to go RC

OK so everyone on here told me to stay away from the RC lift kit but I trusted the customer service team and went with it anyway.

Well I am starting to second guess my decision.

First, my 3.25 inch lift kit two weeks later no kit! It was on backorder so I asked them send the 2.5 inch kit so I could get started.

When I called them to get the remainder of the 3.25 inch kit they charged me for each part instead of the $50 difference. Whatever I paid for it! I also ordered a body kit even after I had second thoughts on the lift.

No I am even more frustrated. I ordred on Thursday at 1 PM. Their website guaranteed same day shipping for in stock items. I asked Dave and he told me they were in stock and I should receive confirmation that night on the shipment. GUESS WHAT AS OF RIGHT NOW STILL NOT SHIPPED!

I am extremely frustrated and may take them up on the 60 day return if they do not get me the parts in time for my install appoitment.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:14 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Call them again, I'm sure you can get it resolved.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Install appointment? Is your shop that busy?

I have heard of a few other companies are having problems with parts particularly coils. Maybe there was a shortage of the steel stock. When this happens it is difficult for manufacturers to pinpoint when their product will be available.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have to say that I have nothing but excellent dealing with the guys at RC. I ordered a set of wheel spaces sunday past, and they showed up at my door tuesday. I was very impressed with their customer service.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:11 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by jmill012
... First, my 3.25 inch lift kit two weeks later no kit! It was on backorder so I asked them send the 2.5 inch kit so I could get started. ....
Not sure who came up with this approach, but it does sound like a source for confusion (which you and/or RC seem to be experiencing). Regardless, if they said the part was in stock and it wasn't, shame on them.

On the positive side, I have an RC 2.5" BB (not for much longer--TF 2.5" coil lift is awaiting install on my garage floor!). A part was missing and I contacted them. They overnighted the part to me, even though I expected no such special treatment.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jmill012

I am extremely frustrated and may take them up on the 60 day return if they do not get me the parts in time for my install appoitment.
Good luck with that, I sent back a defective winch plate in January, and I am still waiting for my credit to my CC. Finally filed a claim with the CC company, let the lawyers deal with it.
I will never order ANYTHING from them again.
Old 03-06-2010, 05:07 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Scooter Scott
Have you actually called and talked with Ben? If you haven't then I highly recommend it. His customer service is top notch.
Nope talked to Davy, the sales manager, said he would take care of it, but hey that was a month ago, and still nothing. I think Ben or whoever the RC rep is on here passed me off to Davy.

Here was my post.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/very-unhappy-rough-country-jk-winch-plate-install-113499/
Old 03-06-2010, 07:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Good luck to you, the folks at Mt Zion are good people.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

I have been to the RC factory and met Davy, Ben, Keith, and a couple other guys that I can't recall their names. Some of the nicest people I have ever met or done business with. This is 180 degrees from my experience. I'm sorry for your experience and I would be upset also. Hope it works out for you.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Ok just to clear this up nothing is ever put on the said "back burner" unless a item that has been back orderd for a longer period comes it then and only then does that item take priority. Now as for your 3.25" kit the track brackets are out of stock for now, but they are due in 3-9 and when they arrive they will be shipped out asap...please guys bear with us during this very busy time. We are doing all that we can to keep product going out the door, but sometimes our vendors can't keep up with us. As for Mt.Zion they are great guys and great customer of mine. Mike and I have spoke a couple times about the back order and he understands we are doing all we can. Now as for the winch plate guy the last time you and I spoke something was up with your RGA I can't recall what it was now, but I think it had been sent back or lost in transit or maybe the RGA number wasn't on it...idk, but there was an issue and you were supposed to get back with me on the tracking? Does that sound right at all? If you can just show me a tracking number where it was delivered back I will give you your money back.

Quick Reply: Rough Country Shipping Problems! Really Frustrated. 2nd guessing my decision to go RC