Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Rough Country 3.25 issues

Old 07-23-2012, 06:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country 3.25 issues

Have a 2010 JK Sport that I installed a RC 3.25" lift on as well as Toyo Open Country 35x12.5r17". I ended up with the thing pulling to the right. Got an alignment that helped some. The advise from the shop was to let things settle and they will do another alignment. I posted on the JK mod tech and got some good answers as well as some other guys that have the same issue. One thing I have done at this point is to loosen all my installed bolts in the kit and retighten under the load of the vehicle after rocking it in all directions. This did not seem to help. Other responses were an adjustable front tracking bar as well as adjustable control arms which is not an option right now. One thing I did note was I had the drivers front spacer on upside down which I fixed and rechecked all parts installed to make sure all was right, which it was. All tire pressures are the same.

I was wanting to hear from other guys with this problem and what they did to fix the issue. Keep in mind I live in florida and am not using my Jeep like a lot of you guys are in the mid west.

Thanks for the tips and responses in advance. To all that have responded to my other post, just looking to get several prospectives.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you check your axle to see if it was centered?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:29 AM
JK Newbie

I am gonna do that today. I called Rough Country and the suggested camber bolts. I assume if my axel is not center I need an adjustable tracking bar.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:44 AM
JK Newbie

My front axel is off by 1/2"
Old 07-23-2012, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like they sent the wrong trackbar???
Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rozzman10
Sounds like they sent the wrong trackbar???
Probably no track bar or relocation bracket included in that kit.

Alot of kits at that height dont come with them. you should really get a adjustable track bar to recenter your axle.

Also if you dont have adjustable control arms your caster will be out causing the jeep to wander alot and be more sensitive to road crown (tilt of the road)

Wider tires will also cause the jeep to wander abit more too.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

You are correct. The kit only came with a tracking bar relocate for the rear. I guess I will have to put on an adjustable front bar and try some other adjustments for canter.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:54 PM
JK Freak

I have had the 2.5", 3.25" and 4" lift from RC and have always had a track bar bracket if it was neccessary. Call them and tell them your issue and I am sure they will take care of you.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by rozzman10
I have had the 2.5", 3.25" and 4" lift from RC and have always had a track bar bracket if it was neccessary. Call them and tell them your issue and I am sure they will take care of you.
I did get a rear track bar bracket in the kit but no front. It did not indicate that in the description. However I will call and ask. Thanks

Quick Reply: Rough Country 3.25 issues