Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Roast on the river

Old 05-23-2012, 03:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roast on the river

I have nothing to do so I thought I would share my weekend experience.

Me, my girl, and her family and close friends headed out to the river just to relax. We brought all the essentials, soda, water, chips hamburgers and hotdogs and buns. Well not too long into the venture my girlfriend's sisters daughter slipped and cut her knee on a rock. So out of every thing we packed, no first aid kit with bandages or alcohol swabs. GF's sister is panicking and I'm honest it wasn't bad, just a scrape but you'd thought the whole leg was gone! So any ways a grocery store was about 5 miles away...off me and jake(the girls dad) ride off to get the life saving supplies.

While we were there I walked by the meat dept. and notices they had a chuck eye roast for 4 bucks! It was huge, the size of my left butt cheek, but was going out of date that day. So my mind starts thinking and I get it along with aluminum foil butter and a small potatoes. Jake ask what I'm going to do with it, my reply was simply "eat it". Jake is a smart ass, but in a nice way and we give each other hell all the time.

Now back at the river sam's (short for Samantha) leg was touch and go for awhile but is expected to make a full recovery. Lol.

Now it's about 11:00 and I commence on my soon to be master piece. I have already dug a hole and have a fire in it. I have my awesome roast in the middle of a long track of aluminum foil and every body, and I mean everybody was making fun of me. Saying oiw that was going to be raw, nasty and wouldn't be able to eat it. They were going to stick with hamburger and hot dogs. So with butter that my girl friends parents brought ( I don't see why they didn't just unplug the fridge and bring it, they brought everything they had lol) covered the foil so it wouldn't stick. Threw onions, potatoes celery, carrots with it. Salt and pepper and wrapped it up tight. Jake was standing there as I was walking to the fire. He looked at me, then at my foil filled happiness and asked, now what? We don't have enough gas In the grill to cook that. I smile and throw it on the fire. His reply was "your a f***ing idiot."

Through out the day I got picked on. I kept feeding the fire and was tending to it and my girlfriend tells me I'm she's not sharing her hamburger. My reply was " leave me alone woman, I'm creating!" so after about 4.5/5hrs. I felt it was time. They had hamburger and hot dogs cooked up and here I had my mystery bag. I figured it was burned and dried up cause you couldn't smell anything. When I reached in to grab it with tongs I poked a hole in it...it smelled wonderful! I had it on the table and everyone was standing around. I opened it and the only thing was the onions had cooked away and the carrots were a little softer than I would've liked. So after some joking of me saying that it was all mine...the kids were the ones who had burgers and dogs.

Lol thanks for reading! Like I said, I'm board!

Quick Reply: Roast on the river